E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have an 02 325ci, manual. purchased it about a months, has been driving well up until today. As i was driving to school, it suddenly felt like i was driving through quicksand and the gave was giving no power. I pulled over, put the car in neutral and the rpms immediately shot down and began to fluctuate. After some time the car just died out. Left it at a diner. When i went back, i tried to start the car and it wouldn't go all the way. It sounded like it wanted to run but it just wouldn't. it does crank but it wont fully start. Any ideas? Im thinking it could be the fuel pump, or probably a fault somewhere in the intake,icv,throttle.

·
Premium Member
28,953 Posts
Fuel Pump, read this - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=929501

$130 for a Siemens/VDO pump and sending unit from www.bmaparts.com Standard shipping, order it today, you might have it Fri.

If the car only has 1/4 tank of fuel, you may be able to add a few gallons and get going. Do not fill over 3/4 tank so you do not have a fuel leak when changing the fuel pump.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Fuel Pump, read this - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=929501

$130 for a Siemens/VDO pump and sending unit from www.bmaparts.com Standard shipping, order it today, you might have it Fri.

If the car only has 1/4 tank of fuel, you may be able to add a few gallons and get going. Do not fill over 3/4 tank so you do not have a fuel leak when changing the fuel pump.

Any thoughts or comments on the Bosch fuel pump or any other brand vs. Siemens?

·
Registered
4 Posts
fuel pump

Replaced my fuel pump on 2005 325ci at 108k last week. Service engine soon light has not gone off. Maybe the gasket is not seated properly? There is no fuel smell. Any ideas? :hi:

·
Shifting
31,670 Posts
jfoj will recommend his bluetooth setup for iphone or android. Costs around $30-40 or if you have a windows xp/7 laptop you can buy PA soft 1.4. It scans each module for bmw specific codes, clears airbag lights, codes the car and more. Or you can drive to queens plaza in queens and I can scan the car for free.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts