E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I鈥檝e just bought a e46 325ci m sport convertible I鈥檝e noticed if I drive over 5.5k rpm the rear wheels scrub a bit on the wheel arches and my dad recommended I buy some uprated rear shocks to take a bit of dampening out any recommendations
Thanks馃

Registered
1980 733i, 2006 m3
Brings to mind a couple questions.
If you know;
is the car on stock springs, or lowered?
are the rims stock, or aftermarket?

reason for asking. A stock car with bad shocks should not rub fenders. Bad ride, yes. Bouncy ride, oh yeah.
If you do not know the answers, post a couple pics so we can see how to help.

Reactions: RRRM8E

Registered
1980 733i, 2006 m3

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brings to mind a couple questions.
If you know;
is the car on stock springs, or lowered?
are the rims stock, or aftermarket?

reason for asking. A stock car with bad shocks should not rub fenders. Bad ride, yes. Bouncy ride, oh yeah.
If you do not know the answers, post a couple pics so we can see how to help.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Registered
The car has been lowered. Now, the question is 鈥渉ow did the PO lower the car?鈥 You may end up buying new springs and/or wheels. You should figure out which wheels are on the car. They may be too wide or have an incorrect offset.

Registered
2005, E46 Convertible, 330CI M Sport Auto, Mystic Blue, 80k Miles
The car has been lowered. Now, the question is 鈥渉ow did the PO lower the car?鈥 You may end up buying new springs and/or wheels. You should figure out which wheels are on the car. They may be too wide or have an incorrect offset.
Definitely not the wheels. They are the same as mine.

Registered
1980 733i, 2006 m3
Great pic!

You may luck out if those are coil overs. Usually you can raise the ride height some by loosening some nuts on the "shocks" and turn them to raise the spring up. Lock the nuts again, and you are good to go.
Gonna requiring jacking it up and crawling underneath. Do you have jacks and stands, or is a shop doing this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts