BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in philly and shop at stereo sound on market st. good place. they always matched internet/mag acr audio prices for me for the past 4 yrs.

anyway, i was quoted $325 (w/ tax) for the bmw 99+ jl audio stealthbox. now, usually i dont ask "is this a good price"-like questions because price shipping/scanning on the 'net is easy w/ pricingcentral, mysimon, etc... however, jl audio stealthboxes are a different story. no one stocks them or lists them on their web sites-special order. hence, i can't get an internet quote to compare against my quote.

i did an archive search and saw one guy paid $33o or so and I know the MSRP is $399.

I will do the install myself.

thanks,
jaisonline
'02 325xi.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

anyone have a opinion on my quote?

·
Registered
83 Posts
does anyone know if these rates are still good or where to get the best deal? Please PM me if you have a good deal also!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where i bought mine

sound stereo in philadelphia. 10th and market in center city.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Philly shop on market street?

I've been to that shop a couple of times. 90% of that stuff is stolen and I've seen it. Just watch your aZZ. No doubt you'll get a good deal though. Just make sure it works and MOVE FAST.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Philly shop on market street?

Jeremy152 said:
I've been to that shop a couple of times. 90% of that stuff is stolen and I've seen it. Just watch your aZZ. No doubt you'll get a good deal though. Just make sure it works and MOVE FAST.

come on jeremy? that's some accusation! what proof do u have?

all i know from my past experience (only buying car audio merchandise) is that it's "stereo sound" (next door to mcdonalds) lone authorzied dealer on market st for higher end stereo equip. they are top notch in selling. they will match most prices even if it means lower profits are just making $5 on something. i haven't had any problems getting tech support or product replacements from the manufacturers after i mentioned the store's name: pioneer premier, polk, rockford fosgate, sony, jl audio, and soundstream.

i'm not saying u are incorrect in your statment but u should provide solid proof before making such a claim. btw, there use to be other electronics stores on market st that have closed (maybe u have the stores confused?)

PS: one more food for thought. stores like stereo sound can offer to sell products lower because of the EXTREMELY HIGH MARK-UP for stereo electronics. there's alot of room to deal. stores like tweeter and goodman audio don't offer decent prices because they provide a "service". hence, if u want to install items yourself or already know exaclt want u want, a store like stereo sound id great. if u require installation or knowledge, go elsewhere.

·
Registered
494 Posts
There were only two stereo places that I remember. One that looked like a factory ware house with people and equipment everywhere, and the other was up the block a bit with almost no one in it.

Regardless, I used to watch people run in there on a regular basis and try to sell a stereo with wires dangling off the back of their Huffy. Although I did get a fantastic set of MB Quarts for my old Integra at a great price, it seems shady. If it works, I have no problem giving them my cash!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
just so you know JL sales via the internet are not authorized by JL and there will be no warranty on the product purchased. JL is very stricy about this. Dealers have to sign a contract agreeing to sell product only to "living breathing customers in your store" or you risk being terminated as an authorized dealer. So, basically, if they are mailed to you, you purchased them illegally & you won't have a warranty. Just posting this bit of info so noone on here get's burned. I had thought of selling some in the past on here but the consequences just are not worth it...

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
2,067 Posts
JL audio will soon be available at Bestbuy....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts