E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2000 323iT wagon's parking lights on the right side of the car stay on - front right signal light and right rear red parking light. No other lights stay on. Turn on the lights and all lights come on and seems to work fine.

I'm ordering a replacement LCM off eBay after reading some forum responses on similar issues.

Any other suggestions to t-shoot this issue would be appreciated.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update -

I bought a replacement LCM off eBay not realizing you can't just replace the LCM with another e46 one from the same year. The cars milage is captured on the LCM for some reason (beats me why a light control module would store that info; having the cluster store it is obvious but the LCM???)

I unplugged my original LCM overnight and waited for my LCM on order. When I received my replacement LCM from another vehicle I plugged it in and started the car. I got the tamper dot on the cluster right away. I learned the had way this part is not replaceable with another one.

I reinstalled my original LCM and form some reason it worked. Lights work and do not stay on on the right side.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts