BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get flamed for posting yet another headers thread, I have searched!

I have had my e46 323i for about 6 months now, been doing lots of maintenance/repairs on it (front contral arms, VANOS, ICV, MT, engine & Diff oil, etc)

Now i am looking to do my headers, but when i had a look at them, they look nothing like the stock headers i have seen in any of the forums or online. The previous owner told me it has an aftermarket exhaust (from the owner before him), and that much i can confirm, but I'm not sure he was too mechanically minded, so I don't think he would know if it had aftermarket headers. From what i can see, i don't have cats inline with the headers, but underneath i think i can see two cats inline, further down before the first resonator.
Also, i cannot see my pre-cat o2 sensors on the headers, so that also makes me think they're aftermarket headers.

I live in Australia, and i know that US emissions regulations are a lot more restrictive than ours, but would the stock Australian headers be this different in design compared to the US ones? (that is, cats further down and not inline with the headers, different placement of O2 sensors and a much more free-er flowing design)

Can you please show me pictures of your stock headers (especially if you're australian)? I will try to get pictures up tonight (hard to get a camera in there)

Thanks

·
Hawaii 3.0
5,374 Posts
post pics of your exhaust manifold (headers). I'd like to see them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts