BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted to the forum in awhile, but I'm looking for some advice on whether it might be worth it to upgrade when I change my clutch in the near future.

I have a '99 323i with about 211k on the clock. I have put over 100k on the clutch the car came with but I know it's due for replacement soon.

The car is basically stock regarding power/drive line. I also don't track or race the car so not sure a LWFL and clutch would be worth the money. I also don't plan on the car lasting for than a few more years.

So I'm really looking for a functional clutch that is maybe better than OEM but also won't break my wallet...

Thanks for any advice the experts on here can give! :clap:

·
Para-Magic
686 Posts
Skip the LW, go with a single mass. Not worth the extra money, but the single mass will be way cheaper. Also if you are only keeping it for a few more years then why not wait until its slipping?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It isn't slipping yet, but I can feel some vibration in the clutch pedal that I think is those little steel rivets grinding into the flywheel...

·
Registered
8,012 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
OP, I'd also be surprised if your dual mass flywheel wasn't on its last legs as well. Definitely consider the SMF Valeo kit Rob43 mentioned - I've been very happy with it in my car. Hard to beat the value for a daily driver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts