BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right I've worked all summer and finally have enough saved up for a staggered setup on my 323ci! FINALLY! I've decided I'll be getting the ssr gt3 and so my question is will I be okay without a fender roll running 18X8.5 and 18X9.5 I've got stock sport suspension and do not plan on lowering my car what so ever I love it just as it is..........any inputs greatly appreciated as I plan on getting these before christmas......it's a gift from me to me ;-)

thanks-:thumbup:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Take it from a guy who just bought some 18, and buy yourself some 19s. Trust me ull regret it, it hasn't been a month since i got my 18s and I'm already looking for 19s, and you will want to drop it too, just wait.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully I won't regret getting 18's but my reasoning is that I like the ride as it is and don't want it firmer than it already is and I've got a 323ci so I don't want the extra weight of 19'z.......so is there anyone out there who can help me out? I would really like to know because I'm waiting to order my wheels.............please help me.....

thanks!
YT

·
Registered
54 Posts
just got the same setup but in 19s this weekend.... no need to roll the fenders unless you drop the thing. just make sure to get the correct offsets (although I have no idea what those may be).

·
Registered
143 Posts
twinturbomoped said:
Hopefully I won't regret getting 18's but my reasoning is that I like the ride as it is and don't want it firmer than it already is and I've got a 323ci so I don't want the extra weight of 19'z.......so is there anyone out there who can help me out? I would really like to know because I'm waiting to order my wheels.............please help me.....

thanks!
YT
I just put 18's on and I'm cool with it. I noticed a bit of accelleration lag due to the bigger wheels and a drop in Gas mileage. don't think I would go to 19's with a 2.5L. I put 235/40/18 all around on 18x8.5 rims. didn't have 9.5 in my rim otherwise i would have gone with the staggered setup too.

go for it dude it'll look tight. GT3's are sick.

BTW I do want the front to be dropped about an inch now. back looks all good.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn I'm so happy to know it will work! Thanks for all those who replied......I love big rear tires on e46'z it makes the rear look so aggressive........

thanks a million man :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts