E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I have just acquired my e46 323i manual convertible and starting my drift build, so far I have found so much useful info here and was hoping to get some specific help on the diff.

so, if I’m right I have a 3.07 ratio medium case (188) diff? I want to get a shorter ratio to get more torque to the rear as I believe the weight of the Vert makes it a little harder to initiate a slide, looking to get a 3.38 or 3.46 but struggling to figure what diffs actually fit. Have an option of a 330i auto (3.38) but apparently the prop shaft won’t fit due to bolt pattern?

Searched the site and google but can’t make heads or tails of all the info, hoping I can get some clear advice of exactly what I need, thanks in advance to anyone who contributes to easing my headache!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahhh, so does that mean all the 3.46 diffs will be a direct fit to mine as it has the 4 bolt flange, but all 3.38s would require the flange to be changed? Or is it more specific that that? I hear the input flange job isn’t a good one and has a good chance of issues arising if not done perfectly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will need to get under it and see if I can see a sticker, I could be wrong but from why I have read it’s a 3.07, are they different in the US to EU? Just so much info out there it’s hard to figure out. I used this for some guidance but still wasn’t sure 2000 323ci differential swap

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.