BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry in advance if I posted in the wrong forum. :hi:

I took my 323ci for a fun day at a wet skidtrack, disabled DSC and it slid quite easily and was a lot of fun despite being a open diff automatic.

I left it in steptronic mode the whole day and had one downside which was quite annoying when exiting the corner onto the wide straight as I wanted to practice "Manji drifting".

The car autoshifts after about a second at redline to protect the engine I believe.

I've searched the internet briefly and I'm sure there's a answer somewhere but I'm not looking hard enough.

Is there a way to disable the computer from autoshifting at redline? I don't plan on absolutely abusing and destroying my engine but it would be nice to be able to shift when I want it to.

Not really asking for dumb answers, criticism or "get a manual swap" I'd just like to know if it's been done/possible to be able to have complete control of shifting the gears in steptronic mode.

·
Registered
208 Posts
You could use the alpina software with the ZF transmission. Won’t shit in manual mode by itself

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You could use the alpina software with the ZF transmission. Won’t shit in manual mode by itself

Any links would be appreciated, the only gearbox software for ZF transmissions I've found are for 135 and 335is; 2007 onwards.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sorry totally forgot... there was a thread around here about the alpina software for the ZF box... if you find the link and know how to use winkfp you can write me a message

1 - 5 of 5 Posts