BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking fot the part number for the caliper carriers for the 328 to upgrade the rotors.

Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks you !

Will these work for the rear also ?

Can the rear be done ?

Thanks in advance !

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,344 Posts
a s u r a 0 s 9 said:
according to slow323ci, the rear rotors can be swapped w/o any modifictaion

oh yea....once again, thanx for the info slow323ci!
That's what Crevier BMW parts department told me - the rear rotors are a straight swap. I have not done it myself (yet). I will be doing this upgrade in the spring unless my wife lets me get an M3...

FYI, the rotor dimensions for a 323 are:

Front = 286x22 mm Rear = 276x19mm

For the 328:

Front = 300x22 mm Rear = 294x19 mm

Pads and calipers are the same part numbers for both cars.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, I got the carreirs coming, $100 at salvage yard, and front and rear brembos rotor, I hope the backs works, Ill post if they do, I just figures since they were bigger in the rear you had to change the rear carriers also.

Thanks

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,344 Posts
gefell said:
Cool, I got the carreirs coming, $100 at salvage yard, and front and rear brembos rotor, I hope the backs works, Ill post if they do, I just figures since they were bigger in the rear you had to change the rear carriers also.

Thanks
Excellent! Can't wait to hear how it works out. I also thought that the rear would need new carriers but according to the parts guy at Crevier (which is one of if not the biggest BMW dealer in the US) the only difference between 323 and 323 brakes in the rear is the rotors. I had him check twice and he said he checked carefully...

If I don't get an M3 by next April then I plan on doing just what you are - swapping my 323 rotors for Brembos in 328 size all around.

Are you getting plain, x-drilled, or slotted rotors? What kind of pads? I was thinking Hawk HPS or PBR MetalMaster.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
X-drilled rotors, I have axis pads now, but will be changing to hawk most likly, may stay with the axis for a bit, I just got them and they have alot of wear elft, Ill take pics of everything and post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts