BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys as the title suggest the radio is getting no power whatsoever there is no amp in the boot as i checked for that ive checked fuses 7 and 41 they are fine and the fuse on the back of the factory headunit is fine aswell its just not getting any power, this happened after i went to change from the factory head deck to a new aftermarket one and i drove it once without the radio plugged in at all, so now its not getting any power am i just left to leave the battery disconnected for around 12 hours to see if that resets the incar systems or do i need to something else special as i have no idea why this is happening.

Cheers guys

·
Registered
600 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery 10 minutes should be enough. If its still not working, check the radio grounds. Still no go you will have to go to the link to look up the schematic for the system and start troubleshooting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Radio grounds are fine and the link you gave doesn't have wiring harness diagrams for the body at all for radio wiring

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
The ground is in the main connector at the back of the head unit. Pull the head unit and inspect the main connector for damage. Also, check the connector for power.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Fuses may be fine, but are you getting 12V at the inputs of the radio? Pins 15 & 16 should have 12V. Check the schematics and follow the circuits power and ground to locate the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for the help guys ended up finding the problem it happened to be the power connector on the body that sends power to the radio and that was unplugged don't know how but it was so its all working now with my nice new double din headunit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts