BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Believe it!!!
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before i got my 01 325ci. i was eyeing on the 318Ti (hatchback) with the M package.

anyone in here have that car? was are your oppinions about the 318Ti.

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,348 Posts
I think it sucks, its so ugly, this summer I saw a black 318Ti with M3 badge and everthing on his car, I got in a big fight with him at a light until people started honking at him gettign him to move, he did get me a little after I said Nice M3 while laughing cuz he told me Nice bike :sad: :lmao: :lmao:

·
yuppie racing
1,927 Posts
I love that car!!! that is what I had before I got my 330ci. The car could outhandle my new e46 anyday. As for the looks, it's an acquired taste, some hooked up ones look bad @ss!!!!

·
Alco-ma-holic
1,024 Posts
My GF's got a '98 318ti, with the 1.9L that came in the z3. Its a nice little car to move it, kinda like the mini, i really like driving it.

tpzblu330ci: Just to let you know, they used to make very few M's in the hatchback, i believe the year was '93-'96. Not positive of the years, but i know they made them cuz i almost bid on one on ebay motors.

Eric

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,348 Posts
This was no M hatch :tsk: It had 318 badge and M3 badge and it was missing a few M parts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Here was mine :

I love it. Handling was brilliant and for the size of car the 1.9 engine was good. Completely different to your 325ci. Also depends on whether you need a boot hehe.

Stuart.

·
Slow in, slower out
4,754 Posts
I want a 318ti as my next track beater. I have semi-seriously looked for a 1995 318ti for the past couple years. My plans include a 3.2 E36 M3 motor with the 1995 M3 OBD-1 electronics so it responds better to upgrades. With headers, a little cam, the euro HFM, and a good exhaust, it should put down 250+hp to the rear wheels. Considering it will weigh 200-300lbs less than an E36 M3, it will be fast as hell. I'll throw on some good brakes and suspension and I'll have way more car than I can handle at the track. On the weekends, I can put a 36" TV or my 80lb German Shepherd in the back of it.

Consider it a practical version of the M Coupe.

Ed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts