E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Tere! Haha I think I looked at that car :D Glad I didnt buy it!

Yes more info then just idle fluctuations would be nice. That could be caused by a myriad of things.

When you say oil light flashing, was it literally flashing? Or did it come on solid? When it came on was it red or yellow? How long did you drive it like that?

·
Registered
670 Posts
The N42 doesnt really have an ICV. It has an equivalent bit in the manifold but they are less problematic on these engines then on the M52/54
CCV, or a Vac leak could also give these symptoms

·
Registered
670 Posts
I can kind of understand Estonian but I don't really speak it... But you are right for the most part.

The most likely spots for a leak in a hose (õhulugeja, leke vaakumivoolikutes) would be in the area these diagrams cover:
Crank Case Ventilation
Secondary Air Pump

By küünlad i assume your talking about spark plugs?? That's possible also. You could just change them anyway its pretty cheap maybe 20 euros.

If you want to explain in Estonian I might be able to translate it into English so people here can answer better.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Bosch Spark Plugs are fine and if you shop around a bit I bet you can get them under 8 euro.

Using brake cleaner, is one way however a smoke test is a bit more effective. This is where you spray smoke over the hoses with the engine running and see if it gets sucked in anywhere.

·
Registered
670 Posts
That would be the Check Engine Light or CEL. Take your car someplace where they can plug it in and read the error codes.

If you can get the codes and post them that would help you out a lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.