BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there , 1st of all wanna say hello to everyone here, glad to join u :)

well , i have a problem with my bmw 318 ci (2002) 143cp , engine n42b20

sometimes when i start the car in the morning i see some smoke that comes from the left of the engine (if u stay in front of the car) and i smell some burned oil . when i start the road , the car seems to loose power for ab 2,3 seconds then its back again , and its keep doing that for a while ,
sometimes it works great
also i put a video on youtube so u can see ( but in this video is no smoke) to see how engine sounds when i release the oil ..cover ? (sorry if i don't wright correct )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbRK2YHayp0

i buy a diagnose cable and the following errors show up

271a - cdklsv - oxygen sensor before cat. (error counter 17)
27c3 - cdktoens - signal oil level sensor (toens)
2823 - cdkhsvsa - heating lamba sensor before cat
2781 - cdkph - camshaft sensor inlet

the test was made with INPA and i shows me there ME9K_NG4

this errors may cause loose of the power engine ( maybe oxygen sensor?) and the oil smell (i thinking for the oil smell at Oil seperator ? )
i also made some pictures to see how it looks
i think the rpm is to low to what do you think?
thank u very much
i will expect your opinion

Attachments

·
Just Nuts
7,253 Posts
The pre-cat lambda (O2) sensor should oscillate between 0.2 to 0.8 volts +/- a little with a gap of roughly 1 second. Your bank 1 sensor reading of 1.5v is obviously out of whack. If it's stuck at 1.5v (meaning rich) then half of your engine is forced to run lean. This would result in the missing power.

Burning oil smells, the associated leaks, and marbles in a tin can noises are usually the result of mobil 1 0w40. Check your service invoice to confirm. Then next time tell them since you are paying good money so you want BMW or Castrol oil, or they can take a running jump with their sh*t.

The second link is for the wrong car. So, do your own search within the site.

http://www.picoauto.com/applications/lambda-sensor.html
http://www.worldcarparts.co.uk/CarParts/tabid/144/ProductID/1147/Default.aspx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks , really apreciate , another thing the oil sensor where is located? Its hard to change it? Thank u very much

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Someone could tell me where is oxygen sensore before cat located? At n42 engine. I tryed oem but shows more then 1 . Thanks !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi mates,
Did you finally solve your issues? I have now the same trouble with my BMW. What is bothering me is that I've changed lambda with brand new BOSCH one, but the problem still exists. There is some loss of power and when the car decides, than it runs like new one :)
Recently I have suspected that the catalyc converter might have been stuck? is this possible or the problem comes somewhere from the engine ?

thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts