E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TLDR: need help identifying coolant hose name/part ID that connects thermostat to engine.

Hello E46 Fanatics.

New user here and proud owner of a 2003 318ci since October 2020. Before I get started I just want to say how grateful I am to this community for helping me diagnose and solve so many issues I have come across since owning my car.

I have had a the coolant light on in the past and ended up replacing the expansion tank and this solved my coolant leak issues for about 3 months.

Just got home to a large coolant leak and had coolant spraying out of the top of the hose that connects the thermostat to the engine (pictured).

Does anyone know the name of this hose, and shall I change thermostat when I replace it?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok
Solved your issues yet? Kindly share with us.
No unfortunately not. I can't figure out which pipe it is based on the RealOEM coolant system diagrams, though I'm going to have a further investigation this evening. Will keep you posted thanks.

·
Registered
2000 323Ci coupe manual
388 Posts
Does that hose go to the upper left side of the radiator or the lower right side? The hose connector and the thermostat does not look like a bmw one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi everyone,

Honestly you’re all so incredibly helpful! Really appreciate you all taking the time to help out, especially @jackbry with every part number I need.

I have attached a photo for those interested of the hose and the perished flange (housing?) that the pipe slides onto.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts