BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I called some tinting places in San Mateo area - the Driving Edge, and preferred image - the first place quoted me $275 for the whole car - and then the next place quoted me $295:mad: :mad:

is it different for a ci??? damn, cuz im used to hearing quotes of about $100-150. Can anyone tell me what im doin wrong? THanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i dunno too much bout tinting types - but i think i wanted about 35% or 40% all around. most people have told me that aroudn here they've gotten prices of about $100-150, so i was ****in flabbergasted!

·
(*00)\{iii}l{iii}/(00*)
1,072 Posts
300 is good if they are perfect meaning 1 strip,to top of window w/out seeing where it ends an life time warrenty

·
Registered
345 Posts
PAID $350

pAID 350 AND THE guy GETS EASY 450 FOR MOST BMW, BENZ, DON'T FORGET YOU DO DRIVE a BMW. But I can tell you that I do have a one sheet of tint on the rear he even sands down the amber dots on the window, my sides look as if the window was made in black.

PERFECT TINT JOB

·
Registered
317 Posts
just keep calling around to the different places in the phone book and you'll find better prices. Beware that some shops will be cheap and will do a crappy job with crappy film though. I paid 250 and the installation is perfect with a lifetime warranty on the installation and against fading.

·
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO
2,056 Posts
i paid 150 for my RANGE ROVER with two sheets all windows never any problems either!

·
call me kev :D
6,179 Posts
mine is perfect with life time warranty for 130

i know most of the members paid around 120.. so that's way too much

·
ROI-ndian
1,250 Posts
its that much unless you get a special tint film that costs more...mine cost 300 plus tax...."high performance" tint can go up to liek 275
depends on wut film they are using....but for regular tint...thats like 2 times wut u should be paying

·
Big Baller - Shot Caller
362 Posts
StevieShasta said:
So I called some tinting places in San Mateo area - the Driving Edge, and preferred image - the first place quoted me $275 for the whole car - and then the next place quoted me $295:mad: :mad:

is it different for a ci??? damn, cuz im used to hearing quotes of about $100-150. Can anyone tell me what im doin wrong? THanks
Way too much, I got my M3 tinted with 35% Formula One tint on all 5 windows for $125 and the job was top notch.

·
booo for body roll.
3,406 Posts
i paid 300 for mine also. they tinted up to the edge of the glass and did a nice job.. howevr the body shop i got my work done at scratched it up and sum parts have paint on it. GRRRRRRRR..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts