BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF? I just got quoted at Diablo Body in Pleasanton for $300 dollars for them to paint and install my ACS mirrors. That seems so incredibly high, tell me that isn't right! Is there anywhere else that won't charge an arm and a leg for something as small as that?

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
We're in the Bay Area, everything costs more here. I asked B-Line bodyshop in San Jose for a quote to paint and install M3 mirrors, and they said about 225 or something around there.

·
www.piratecove.org
3,699 Posts
we'll i'd figure around $150 just for the paint...the install cost kinda depends on the shop.

most shops around here charge ~40/hr or so...and it should only take 2 hours tops to install these....

·
Just Marinatin'
2,844 Posts
that sounds really high

I got mine painted for 100 bucks and I did the install myself. It is really easy.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone recommend some shops that will paint them around here for cheaper? mcabr, did you follow a DYI when you installed them yourself?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
calvinsj2003 said:
Apex Autobody shop :thumbup: Ask for Paul 971-9332 tell him that calvin with silver m3-rieger send u.
Isn't that in San Deigo?
Anyone else have any recommendations?

·
Registered
57 Posts
LOL. I know a thing or 2 bout body shops, and those mirrors will take no longer then 30 minutes for a pro. But as far as prices go thats about how much they'll cost. Its not about how much work they do its more just about wether its worth it for them to actually work on the car. But if its a perfect fit you can easly change it yourself. Get it painted and do it yourself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts