BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have 3 warning lights that came on on my dashboard this morning. It happened before too, but they went off few days later.

The lights are:

ASC, parking brake and disk brake light

I noticed it happened first time after I had my tires changed.

any ideas what it is and how it can be fixed?

·
Registered
211 Posts
It happend with me it was the ABS wheel sensor and it can also be another problem ..your car must be hooked to the scanning tool at the dealer to read out the fautls in the ABS sensor most likely an ABS sensor

our cars have 2 sensors in the front and 2 sensors in the back on each wheel they retail for about 90$ as i recall and they are easy to replace you will find them behind the disc brakes ..

best of luck :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow, I'm having the exact same problem on my 2000 323i, and I was about to post the same thing. This morning,

The DSC, Brake and ABS lights all came on and stayed on. I had my front brakes completely replaced by BMW one year ago, and just had my rear brakes replaced two weeks ago. The Midas guy who did the rear brakes said that I would probably need to see the dealer about these lights, since he suspected it was an ABS problem. You know what that means...more money. :cry:

If anyone has any insight into this issue, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had this once before also, when a road side assistance guy change a tire for my wife. These things are really touchy, seems I have a problem somewhere everytime someone takes the wheel off ... thank god I don't rotate my tires :shhh:

it was a warranty repair before so I wasn't worried..... ok...now I'm worried... any ideas on DIY and where to get the sensor ???

ventivent said:
Wow, I'm having the exact same problem on my 2000 323i, and I was about to post the same thing. This morning,

The DSC, Brake and ABS lights all came on and stayed on. I had my front brakes completely replaced by BMW one year ago, and just had my rear brakes replaced two weeks ago. The Midas guy who did the rear brakes said that I would probably need to see the dealer about these lights, since he suspected it was an ABS problem. You know what that means...more money. :cry:

If anyone has any insight into this issue, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I went through all of that about a year ago. It's either one of the ABS sensors, the ABS computer, or the DSC computer. It turned out to be the latter for me, after they replaced all of the others and failed to cure the problem. I was fortunate to have all of that done under warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts