E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FS: I have a 3.46 differential which I picked up in August but never got around to installing it. Well, I'm not going to install it now so if you live in Jersey and want to pick it up ( I won't ship ), it's yours. If I remember correctly it had 38K on it when I picked it up. If you want pics, let me know! Asking $325

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Ship it...

to me!!! :clap:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Straz 330Ci said:
I still think you should keep it...best upgrade I did
True, that's what I hear. Did you really feal that much of a torque gain? If I don't get any bites in Jersey, I may keep it and install in the spring ! :dunno:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Keep it... you won't be disappointed....

323ciGuy said:
True, that's what I hear. Did you really feal that much of a torque gain? If I don't get any bites in Jersey, I may keep it and install in the spring ! :dunno:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Differential

Hey guys, i just picked up my 2001 325ci, and i don't know much about upgrades and parts....what does this differential do and what are the benifits of them?

·
Registered
305 Posts
the differential just changes your final drive, so if you get a higher ratio like this 3.46 you are basically spinning the wheels more per engine rotation. At least thats what I think.. LOL i can t really think rite now.. damn midterms..

anyways. basically if you get this .. you get improved acceleration, as well as a slight increase of about 500 rpms they say... while driving. this improvement in acceration is MASSIVe.. people love it.. the poor mans supercharger..

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
I don't get it....

A $2.50 cardboard box and a lot of newspaper crumpled up inside it with the diff. A trip to Mail Boxes etc. I pay what they say it costs to ship it. Plus I pay you your $325. I'm happy, you're happy.... :dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
No problem...

clee521 said:
well, it's pretty heavy.. probably weighs around 50 pounds..
Whatever it costs to ship.... :dunno:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry for the long delay with the responses. I've been away for the holiday. I'm workin' on a tiny laptop with dialup whcih sux so I'll reply to people when I get back home this afternoon!!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Im in NJ and am interested, PM and we'll talk!

·
Registered
770 Posts
pdipalma said:
Hey guys, i just picked up my 2001 325ci, and i don't know much about upgrades and parts....what does this differential do and what are the benifits of them?
car would have much more torque at very low rpms

·
• DFW •
2,456 Posts
:hi: I got dibs if its still up for sale at the end of Jan!!!! Ill by in NYC area and can work out a pick up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts