E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright, I've been thinkin about this for a while and I am going to sell my 3.38 diff. The reason why I am selling is b/c I drive 30 mins to work on the highway everyday and driving at the higher rpms is killing my gas mileage. I would rather sell it, but I might be willing to trade it for 3.15 diff and some cash. I bought the diff brand new from BMW and it has 6000 miles on it currently. Please email me @ [email protected]. I will be opened to all offers. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey, I am not sure what you are talking about.
I have a 3.38 diff, and have not seen any HUGE gas mileage drops.
Also, if you drive on the highway at a consistent RPM range ur mileage should be better. Normally the fuel consumption increases with local/stop-go traffic.

·
is baaaaaaaaaack...
1,111 Posts
regardless, the man still wants to sell it.

to all interested, consider the above post as a reason to buy it, not a reason not to buy it.

just trying to help out with the sale:thumbup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
BTW, regardless - the 3.38 is GREAT to have on a manual 330/325.
I LOVE IT. Someone please buy this.
Also, BTW make sure WHOEVER buys this - The two output flanges that connect to the rear wheel, have to be popped out and the ones from the stock diff have to be put back in. This is a very easy task. Just make sure you tell the mechanic about this.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your guy's interest. Primarily, I am looking for someone to trade me their 3.15 diff, but if I do not get any offers for that, I will sell it for 850 plus shipping. I bought this diff from BMW of Cleveland for $1300 and I've only amassed barely 6000 miles and only had it for 6 mos. Please email me again or call after 6pm 614-668-4175 and I will be happy to discuss any questions or concerns with you. Thanks again for your interest. My name is T.T. by the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts