E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So like after the 1200 miles I can floor it right? I never passed 4k RPM and breakin this baby in pretty well so far. 703 miles

I never really broke in my first M3 but it lasted for a long time and is still good:thumbup:

·
P.I.M.P.
2,369 Posts
I'm confused you have 2 m3's .....1 stick 1 smg and a porsche??? Who drives what....im assuming your parents aren't rich enough to give you 3 cars.....

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
M32NV said:
Which one do you like better, your new SMG or the old 6 speed :dunno:
Rev matchin I like better on the stick. I can do it way faster on manual. I never pushed the new one yet so I can't tell which is better. In S6 mode its really fast. I only did that once since the manual says leave it in S1 or S2.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
K-DOG said:
I'm confused you have 2 m3's .....1 stick 1 smg and a porsche??? Who drives what....im assuming your parents aren't rich enough to give you 3 cars.....
The stick M3 is going back once I get it. Calm down I drive all the cars.

·
Registered
38 Posts
M3PinoyDriver said:
So like after the 1200 miles I can floor it right? I never passed 4k RPM and breakin this baby in pretty well so far. 703 miles

I never really broke in my first M3 but it lasted for a long time and is still good:thumbup:
Damn---I redlined mine during the test drive- it was by accident, the salesperson told me the wrong SMG mode and before I knew it the rpm's wound out. I have been much nicer to it since then.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: 2nd part of breaking in

VicM5 said:

Damn---I redlined mine during the test drive- it was by accident, the salesperson told me the wrong SMG mode and before I knew it the rpm's wound out. I have been much nicer to it since then.
hehe don't worry my 6 speed I redlined like twice:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: . It still runs strong

·
wah wah wah
2,618 Posts
vince dont redline it till like 3100 miles(i think thats the right number):dunno:

gradually raise the RPM's:thumbup:

·
Registered
353 Posts
I am planning on my first oil change at 1500 miles to get rid of the break in stuff, you guys think this is too soon? Should I wait till 3000 miles to change?

Oh and I am not going to stick to the BMW's recommended oil change interval.

·
needs a new sig...
3,408 Posts
I change my oil every 3000 miles..when it gets to the time the computer needs a change i take it to the dealer for a freebie!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I change mine every 5k miles.

·
Law Enforcer
…’22 992 Carrera C2S arriving soon!!!
2,355 Posts
M3Pinoy: I didn't follow what happened to your 6 speed M3. Could you fill me in? As for the break in, after 1200 miles, you can floor it and redline it. It just states that no full throttle for prolonged periods of time and no higher than a max speed of 137 mph until after 3100 miles.

How much was your Carrera? Which one do you like better? I have a hook up on Porsches, and an opportunity might arise for me to get a 96 911 TT or a Carrera.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,661 Posts
robj213 said:
I am planning on my first oil change at 1500 miles to get rid of the break in stuff, you guys think this is too soon? Should I wait till 3000 miles to change?

Oh and I am not going to stick to the BMW's recommended oil change interval.
at 1,250 they change the oil for you
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,661 Posts
at 3,400 miles you can do 155

from 1,250 to 3,400 miles don't go over 137mph and you can go to 8,000 rpm just not over 137 miles a hr
bobm3 :smokin: :smokin:

congtr. on the new car its beautiful i have one of those badboy ;)

·
Law Enforcer
…’22 992 Carrera C2S arriving soon!!!
2,355 Posts
BAVARIAN323i said:
I dont know how you could not go over 3100 rpm in a M3, what a tease...
You can go over 3100 RPM! 5500 is the RPM limit during the first 1200 miles. After that, they state not to drive at full throttle for prolonged periods of time, and/or 137 MPH until after you have 3100 miles on the car!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts