BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang, I'm not sure if you are aware of this but the 270 HP replacement is coming in the next year. It will be the platform for the 330 and the X3. The 325 will end up with 225 hP powerplant. At least this is what I was told from a reliable source at BMW. You guys will probably see it first in the U.S, so I'm surprised no one had mentioned it. the bottom line is the much sought after power is coming!!!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
721 Posts
That sucks for me, my 330 is only five months old. They need to wait about 30 months to release the new car.:D

·
yuppie racing
1,919 Posts
kinda pointless for BMW to come out with the ZHP if BMW was only planning to come out with a 270 hp 3 series a year later, dont you think? Plus it it wouldnt be called a 330 anymore either. Also a 325 with 225 hp would most likely have a 3 liter engine thus making it a 330 instead. I call your reliable friend, not so reliable,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hes not only my friend, he's one of the top salesman at BMW. It is definitley coming, BMW needs to demonstrate that it can bring its horse power up to par with everyone else. He did not say exactly when it was going to happen, just that it would definitley happen. We are all starving or more horse power and I beleive that BMW finally agrees. This is a good thing!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whats with the haha owned? I love my bimmer and have been on this forum modding and trying to have some fun with it for quite some time. I'm simply offering some information that was relayed to me. Its up to you to decide what you want to do with it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
hahaha ha owned!!!!

J/K :)
Dude, take it easy. Just having fun.
But I do feel that your info is off. That might be the new e90 435 that I have heard about.

If so, I am disappointed that they only got 270 ponies. G35c gets that, and the Bavarians are suppost to be better. They should get 300 at least!

·
Core Fanatic
1,159 Posts
BMW has historically developed engines and new chassis/body's separately. The X3 is based on the same floorplan chassis, with all new metal casting above the floorboard. I see no indication from numerous spy sources that the new 3 series will debut with any other engines than the current 2.5 and 3.0L, until one year after the new model launch. The new gen I6's are going to be direct injection with variable intake runners (a la 745i) with an outstanding rumor of solenoid controlled vale actuation (I highly doubt the latter).

My experience is that BMW salesman know jack about the cars which they sell, and that corporate information is not given to them by any privelage.

Sorry to disagree, but that information is too far out in left field for any validity coming from a lowly salesman.

·
Nikkei is a $lut.
1,976 Posts
if you were offended by the "haha owned" comment....i'm sorry...
i was just trying to have some fun...and assumed u'd be able to take it as a joke...

but anyway....yea
from the way chris bangle was talking about not competing in the "power wars" it doesnt seem like the e46 will be getting much upgrades....

....alright my bad...it wasn't chris bangle being interviewed...
it was the BMW AG's Development manager...which is still a reliable source i guess

·
Registered
874 Posts
this has been discussed before. BMW is not making a ZHP 330Ci. Why would they do this. The ZHP was made to appeal to customers wanting M3 performance with foru doors. Why would they make a two door performance package when they have the M3.

·
Nikkei is a $lut.
1,976 Posts
crazy1323 said:
this has been discussed before. BMW is not making a ZHP 330Ci. Why would they do this. The ZHP was made to appeal to customers wanting M3 performance with foru doors. Why would they make a two door performance package when they have the M3.

:eeps: it seems like the ZHP option for the coupe has been released =X

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128029

·
Registered
394 Posts
crazy1323 said:
That is such a tired song and so played out.
I never believed it when I heard it the first time.
235 competting with 333 ponies.
What about 190 vs 225 ponies. That would be closer battle, which is discussed all the time.

What ever! :tsk:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm ok with the remarks, information that we get is often best understand in this forum as we are all passionate about our cars. I will only offer one more comment and this, I was ready to order the new X3 and it was suggested that hang on one more year. Let's just wait and see what happens.

·
Help me Help you!
957 Posts
325seeeye said:
BMW has historically developed engines and new chassis/body's separately. The X3 is based on the same floorplan chassis, with all new metal casting above the floorboard. I see no indication from numerous spy sources that the new 3 series will debut with any other engines than the current 2.5 and 3.0L, until one year after the new model launch. The new gen I6's are going to be direct injection with variable intake runners (a la 745i) with an outstanding rumor of solenoid controlled vale actuation (I highly doubt the latter).

My experience is that BMW salesman know jack about the cars which they sell, and that corporate information is not given to them by any privelage.

Sorry to disagree, but that information is too far out in left field for any validity coming from a lowly salesman.
Agree with you on the engine part/chassis correlation. However it would be sad if they continued the same trend as before.
Hopefully they prove us wrong and come out with new engines with the e90 because of the competition. They created the zhp

1) to bridge the 4 door void between the 330i and the m3
and
2) as an answer to the G35 (IMO)

Hopefully competition will force bmw to move their arses
and get the new engines out with the new chassis. Because if they don't; it will be a huge disappointment in everyone's eyes. I actually think they will come out with new engines and share it with the 5 series (to replace the 2.5 and 3.0, NOT the 4.5)
when the e90 comes out...which would be in the third yr of the 5 series production??

It also wouldnt make sense to come out with entirely new engines after one yr of production. It will probably hurt the initial first yr sales of the e90.

Also don't trust the salesperson...they really dont know sh!t.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts