E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
10mm spacers in the rear on my ZHP

<del>I can't believe it but I actually fit 25mm spacers in the rear of my ZHP Coupe with my stock style 135 wheels. Initially, after getting the car lowered on my new ST coils so that there was no more wheel gap in the rear, things looked great, but the rear tires were tucked way too far in to the fenders.

At first we thought that we should try some 10mm spacers in the rear since that was what I had heard most people using on these forums. I had some temporary 5mm spacers on the front wheels, so I took those and stacked them together and put them on one of the rear wheels. 10mm didn't look like enough so we were thinking we would order some 15mm spacers instead.

Then we found some 25mm spacers lying around in the shop and we tried them even though we thought there was no way they would fit. We were blown away when the fit perfectly! The look is awesome and I'll definitely post pictures soon.

I get a little bit of wheel rub when cornering really hard into a turn going 60mph+, but otherwise its fine. I'm going to roll the fenders on Tuesday of next week when I get my new tires put on, and I'm positive that will be absolutely perfect.

UPDATE: PICS are down below!</del>

FINAL UPDATE: The shop that installed them screwed up and they were in fact only 15mm spacers. Read the last post for details.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I don't know why, but I am a little bit scared about spacers. Is it just me, or are my fears justified?
oh, and can't wait to see pics, I bet it looks great.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I don't know why, but I am a little bit scared about spacers. Is it just me, or are my fears justified?
oh, and can't wait to see pics, I bet it looks great.
Why would you be scared? When you get nice ones they come with new extended bolts. Do you really think that a well established company like H&R would sell a product that is dangerous without any kind of warning. I've never heard of a wheel flying off due to spacers.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
In for pics!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Why would you be scared? When you get nice ones they come with new extended bolts. Do you really think that a well established company like H&R would sell a product that is dangerous without any kind of warning. I've never heard of a wheel flying off due to spacers.
you've got a point there (specially with brands like H&R). I guess it's just the stories I've heard about spacers cracking in 2 and stuff.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
What does the insurance say about spacers?
Why would you tell them?

And jesus! 25mm!!! I find that very hard to believe you arent rubbing, unless you dont take anyone in your car with you, ever

I have 15mm spacers on the rear, 10 on the front, and I rub sometimes in the back

The 15mm fits perfectly IMO, I think 17-18 would be perfectly flush...

I have to imagine hte 25mm spacers making the 135's stick out past the fender?

PICS!!!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Why would you tell them?

And jesus! 25mm!!! I find that very hard to believe you arent rubbing, considering you dont take anyone in your car with you, ever

I have 15mm spacers on the rear, 10 on the front, and I rub sometimes in the back

The 15mm fits perfectly IMO, I think 17-18 would be perfectly flush...

I have to imagine hte 25mm spacers making the 135's stick out past the fender?

PICS!!!!!
Do you have pics of your car with spacers? Ive been considering getting some.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Do you have pics of your car with spacers? Ive been considering getting some.
I would post em, but my camera isnt working at the moment, just tried to take some pics, didnt work

But honestly man, GET THEM

They push the wheels out SO nicely, makes it look SO much better and sit wider

Wish I could get some pics for you....this is one of the first mods I did, highly recommended

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
It was too cold to clean the car at all so here it is all dirty ;). Anyways, I only have temporary 5mm spacers on the fronts right now. I'll take pictures of just the spacers with the wheels off on Tuesday.

This is before the car was lowered and before any spacers:

This is with the car lowered and with the 25mm spacers in the rear (and the 5mm temps in the front):

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
...this may sound dumb....but are you absolutely sure those are 25mm spacers? I have 15mm spacers in the back, and they sit exactly the same as yours.....

What about the fronts?

I would think with even one passenger you will be rubbing unless you rolled the fenders?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
...this may sound dumb....but are you absolutely sure those are 25mm spacers?
The shop that installed them for me told me that they were 25mm spacers and I saw them before they went on the car and they looked huge. I'll measure them with a ruler when the wheels are off on Tuesday.

I have 15mm spacers in the back, and they sit exactly the same as yours.....
Pics?

I would think with even one passenger you will be rubbing unless you rolled the fenders?
And I have never had anyone sit in the back seat. I did jump up and down while standing in the trunk and didn't seem to have any problems.

What about the fronts?
Like I said before, I have temporary 5mm spacers in the fronts, but the 10mm spacers are going to be installed on Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
The shop that installed them for me told me that they were 25mm spacers and I saw them before they went on the car and they looked huge. I'll measure them with a ruler when the wheels are off on Tuesday.

And I have never had anyone sit in the back seat. I did jump up and down while standing in the trunk and didn't seem to have any problems.

P.S. Like I said before, I have temporary 5mm spacers in the fronts, but the 10mm spacers are going to be installed on Tuesday.
Im just curious....because (and I wish I could get pics up) with the setup I have (stock ZHP suspension with the spacers), I rub with a passenger in the back....and they look to be sitting the exact same....I was expecting 25mm to be sitting past the fender lol

Please keep us posted

Subscribed

PS Looks dope

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.