BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01' 330ci with Tein SS suspension and I also have the RE adjustable camber arms. I recently got rid of my Goodyear GS-D3's because they rubbed when I went hard into a turn or when I hit a hard bump...I am not sure what the offset is, but I had my fenders rolled and I had 265/30/19's on there and got some rubbing. They are 9.5 in the rear as well. My question is could I get 255's and be ok? will there be a noticeable difference in performance? Any suggestions would be appreciated.....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Kinda hard to know without knowing the offset. Obviously, the 255's would be 10mm (1cm/approx. .5") narrower. Will that be enough? Don't know...

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think what I am trying to do is just find a way to not make them rub thats all... I thought just finding a slightly smaller tire would help. I don't know if I can afford to run thru rear tires like that...the tires are pretty expensive, I wanted to get as much tread life as possible. The dealer added camber as much as they could without rubbing i guess???? Do you think a 255 would be too small?

·
Banned
6,697 Posts
I have an 01' 330ci with Tein SS suspension and I also have the RE adjustable camber arms. I recently got rid of my Goodyear GS-D3's because they rubbed when I went hard into a turn or when I hit a hard bump...I am not sure what the offset is, but I had my fenders rolled and I had 265/30/19's on there and got some rubbing. They are 9.5 in the rear as well. My question is could I get 255's and be ok? will there be a noticeable difference in performance? Any suggestions would be appreciated.....
255/30R19 yes

255/35R19 no

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do I find out what my offset is? I looked and cant find a number, is there any other way I can find it out????

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats good to know then, I don't think I want more understeer....I appreciate the help. You wouldn't happen to know how I can find my offset would you? I didn't see any markings on my wheels, any other way???

·
Banned
6,697 Posts
Thats good to know then, I don't think I want more understeer....I appreciate the help. You wouldn't happen to know how I can find my offset would you? I didn't see any markings on my wheels, any other way???
The offsets are usually stamped on the rear of the wheel somewhere. Jack your car up and take a wheel off.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
another question came to mind and that if I can find a tire with a rounder sidewall would that help more than me finding a 255 tire? if so which tires would that be?

·
Registered
16,099 Posts
another question came to mind and that if I can find a tire with a rounder sidewall would that help more than me finding a 255 tire? if so which tires would that be?
Toyo T1R tires have more rounded sidewalls.

What wheels are you running? We might be able to figure out the offsets if you can tell us what wheels you have.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a set of Iforged Daytona's, 3 piece wheel and front and rears will clear BBk. They are 19 X8.5 and 19 X 9.5 if that helps

1 - 16 of 16 Posts