E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if anyone ever had 245/40/17 up front with their m68 or if anyone know whether they will fit or not without rubbing. Thanks.

·
Registered
952 Posts
racdyn4you said:
I would like to know if anyone ever had 245/40/17 up front with their m68 or if anyone know whether they will fit or not without rubbing. Thanks.

Try it out!
Swap the fronts and rears and see if they fit :thumbup:

·
(\OO\ (||)(||) /OO/)
786 Posts
racdyn4you said:
They will fit if you use a 10mm spacer. The offset for 17x8.5 rims in front needs to be somewhere lower than about 42 or 43, IIRC.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
coolio4433 said:
Try it out!
Swap the fronts and rears and see if they fit :thumbup:
its easier to have someone tell me than to go swap it out just to see if it works. I dont have all the tools around my house so that makes it a bit difficult too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes they will fit

Autocrossers routinely run 255/40x17 Kumho Victoracers and
245/40x17 Hoosiers (which run almost as big as the Victos)
on stock M68 staggered set-up with no problems at all.

Mike M

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the weird thing was that when i purchased these wheels off of soemone they were all 17x 8.5 all around. but i guess that should fit still right?

·
No more E46 :(
2,630 Posts
Mike48162 said:
Autocrossers routinely run 255/40x17 Kumho Victoracers and
245/40x17 Hoosiers (which run almost as big as the Victos)
on stock M68 staggered set-up with no problems at all.

Mike M
Thanks! That's good to know. :)
racdyn4you said:
the weird thing was that when i purchased these wheels off of soemone they were all 17x 8.5 all around. but i guess that should fit still right?
See post #4 above.

·
Registered
513 Posts
BlackChrome said:
Thanks! That's good to know. :)

See post #4 above.
i had a flat and a full size spare m68 for the rear...i put it on the front and yes it indeed rub slightly a 5-10mm spacer would have worked out well...it was just to get the front wheel patched

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I'm running 245/40-17 all around on 8.5" wheels and have no problem. I'm running stock sport suspension though.

edit: I measured a 4mm gap between the inside sidewall and the strut. The tire will rub the strut at full steering lock, but I don't think that's an issue considering how little time we drive at that steering angle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts