BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this is a repost...but it is news to me.....i just got my statement for this month and along with it in that pamphlet they talk about the new 330i with a perf. package that gives it 235hp......what BS..and it also has the mtech kit.....I WANT AN UPGRADE!!!!!!:cry:

·
May the farts be with you, always
6,755 Posts
I bet it's governed at 155mph like the z4....i wish their was a company upgrade package for..pre-facelift..oh well

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
With your ECIS you should have almost 235HP anyway.

BTW according to the articles the additional 10HP was gained w/ ECU reprogramming and new camshafts. Any aftermarket sport cams will give you a bigger gain than that.

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
darrn if i waited a year i could have 10 more hp

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Not just a exhaust

There are new cams, engine management, and exhaust and probably half the power if from fixing the problems of our current cars.

I'm interesting in the exhaust though as a retro-fit. It is supposed to be more aggressive and more power.

bender said:
same engine isnt it.... just fancy exhaust???

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
It's not only the extra 10 HP

They added a sixth gear and changed final drive ratio. I think the mototronic tuning is where all the power is from but it get's the car from 0-60 in six seconds! I'd say you can feel that. That's like saying you can feel 10HP from a air intake.

vinnymac said:
Um....do you really think you can feel 10 exrta horsepower?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Anyone know whether the 330xi will get this package as well?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Id just throw a sneaky pete on and have 30hp more for 300.00 bucks.

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,845 Posts
chopstik said:
sorry if this is a repost...but it is news to me.....i just got my statement for this month and along with it in that pamphlet they talk about the new 330i with a perf. package that gives it 235hp......what BS..and it also has the mtech kit.....I WANT AN UPGRADE!!!!!!:cry:
u already have uuc tse and ecis :flipoff: that should compensate for that extra 10hp u cryin about :tongue:

·
Registered
468 Posts
group buy on sneaky petes! Im in, I need one for my go-ped.

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Alpine White
842 Posts
quit yer cryin
how do you think us 328 owners felt after we heard the 330 was coming out
That's only 10hp that can be easily gained with exhaust and intake. There's a difference of 32 hp between the 328i and 330i.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts