• MikeALO - #7

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'04 325i, '02 325iT
1,630 Posts
Speedometer Odometer Car Trip computer Tachometer

2004 325i Sedan, Sport Package, Premium Package, Manual trans. Purchased back in 2011 to replace my 1994 Civic as my daily driver. My round-trip commute to work is around 140 miles per day so I've racked up some mileage over the years.

When first purchased in 2011 (had 86,000 miles):

Car Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle

and now. Haven't done much in terms of mods, just added a ZHP style trunk lip, matte black kidneys, black cube interior trim, short shifter, and ZHP shift knob. The rest is pretty much stock, but I'm on my 2nd and 3rd round of replacement parts for items like the fuel pump, cooling system, ccv, OFHG, suspension bushings, etc.

Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

·
Registered
'04 325i, '02 325iT
1,630 Posts
That civic though…
I miss that car sometimes. It was a '94 DX base model coupe with the D15B7 engine and manual transmission. No power steering or A/C and had manual windows.

I replaced all the suspension bushings with polyurethane, lowered it and installed a short shifter. It was a fun handling car but really slow with only 100ish horsepower. I drove it all over the country and it didn't need much more than oil, gas, and brake pads. Replacement parts were plentiful and cheap.

I sold it with around 170k miles after I got my first E46. It was still mechanically solid but had rust issues in all the usual honda places.

I search craigslist and ebay every once in a while and this generation Civic basically doesn't exist anymore. They've all rusted into the ground or are completely beat to hell. Hatchbacks come up on BAT once in a while but I've only seen one or two coupes.

Mirror Plant Automotive side-view mirror Motor vehicle Automotive mirror

1 - 2 of 2 Posts