Votes: 2 14.3%
  • MikeALO - #7

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Administrator
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Congrats again to @E46Snoozy, October's winner.
High tech or low tech, since 1925, it's been standard on most vehicles.

For this month's challenge, show us your odometer and maybe tell us how you got some of those miles!

We do have some basic rules:
  • Members MUST have at least 20 posts
  • If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that
  • Unless otherwise stated, you may submit up to 5 photos
  • Voting will take place the last week of the month
  • Feel free to PM me with ideas for future themes
Winners will receive:
  • One year of premium membership (no ads, focused browsing mode, and more)
  • A profile badge to show off your winner status
  • A place in the E46Fanatics.com winner's gallery
  • Their winning photo featured on the homepage until the next contest starts
Good luck to all who enter!

~MR

· Registered
'04 325i, '02 325iT
1,747 Posts
Speedometer Odometer Car Trip computer Tachometer

2004 325i Sedan, Sport Package, Premium Package, Manual trans. Purchased back in 2011 to replace my 1994 Civic as my daily driver. My round-trip commute to work is around 140 miles per day so I've racked up some mileage over the years.

When first purchased in 2011 (had 86,000 miles):

Car Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle

and now. Haven't done much in terms of mods, just added a ZHP style trunk lip, matte black kidneys, black cube interior trim, short shifter, and ZHP shift knob. The rest is pretty much stock, but I'm on my 2nd and 3rd round of replacement parts for items like the fuel pump, cooling system, ccv, OFHG, suspension bushings, etc.

Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

· Premium Member
2005 BMW 330Ci Japan Red/ Tan interior
20 Posts
2005 330ci with just under 98,000 miles. I'm the third owner. I bought the coupe on Cars and Bids three years ago. This is a local Minneapolis car that never saw snow or salt. Absolutely no corrosion at all! No parking lot dings ever on a 17 year old car- amazing! I converted it to a five speed manual with a faster rear diff for better acceleration. New Koni SRT struts and shocks, all new bushings and front control arms and large sway bars. Reinforced rear subframe. Entire cooling system replaced/ upgraded with aluminum radiator and Stewart H2O pump. New ZHP bumpers and repainted hood to remove rock chips and added clear paint protection. BBS lightweight RK wheels refinished and wrapped with 245/40R17 Michelin Pilot Sports. Fun driver for BMWCCA driving events and HPD's with a suspension that still soaks up most midwest pockmarked roads. It's been driven to the BMW Spartanburg performance center and back including the Tail of the Dragon with no reliabilty hiccups. As close to being an M3 as I can make it without the huge cost of buying and keeping a E46 M3 reliable.

Attachments

· Registered
2003 // 325i // 5Sp. Manual // 235K Miles
27 Posts
2003 325i 5-speed manual with 233,000 miles (instrument cluster was getting repaired in CA by a forum member: to whom I'm very grateful!). My entry is an attempt to show the reality of the car: lots of fun, maddening at times, yet the overall lesson is that nothing is insurmountable with hard work and the help of others.

The cluster stopped working in November 2019. Some functions worked, and I've driven it without night illumination for three years.

Automotive lighting Hood Luggage and bags Automotive design Bag

I was given the car by a friend in November 2018 when it had 167,000 miles. He told me, "if you fly out to Connecticut, you can have the car for $1." The car has had positives and negatives. But overall - a net positive. Without the information and knowledge sharing of this forum, and the generous video documentation of DIYers on youtube, I would have given up within the first year. I won't list everything I've done. But I just replaced the oil pan gasket, which was the biggest DIY I had ever done. So, I'm learning and gaining experience. Which I appreciate.
Bicycle Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle

The car is based in Central Illinois. I've driven it multiple times to Nashville, to Southern Louisiana in 2019, back to CT in 2021, to the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina in 2021, and all over the Midwest.

Speedometer Odometer Vehicle Tachometer Gauge

My goal is to keep it stock, with the original engine, and to make it to the 400 Club. I love these cars.

Attachments

· Premium Member
03 330i, performance package, brembos
57 Posts
03 330i Original owner. was the wife's Florida car up to about 2010. I took it over and added a bit of cosmetic muscle. Too nice to sell, stopped counting how many times I've been asked. Long trips to the southern states put much of the mileage on it. Used only Nov-May.

Attachments

· Registered
2001 BMW 320I
5 Posts
View attachment 964660

2004 325i Sedan, Sport Package, Premium Package, Manual trans. Purchased back in 2011 to replace my 1994 Civic as my daily driver. My round-trip commute to work is around 140 miles per day so I've racked up some mileage over the years.

When first purchased in 2011 (had 86,000 miles):

View attachment 964661

and now. Haven't done much in terms of mods, just added a ZHP style trunk lip, matte black kidneys, black cube interior trim, short shifter, and ZHP shift knob. The rest is pretty much stock, but I'm on my 2nd and 3rd round of replacement parts for items like the fuel pump, cooling system, ccv, OFHG, suspension bushings, etc.

View attachment 964662
That civic though…

· Registered
'04 325i, '02 325iT
1,747 Posts
That civic though…
I miss that car sometimes. It was a '94 DX base model coupe with the D15B7 engine and manual transmission. No power steering or A/C and had manual windows.

I replaced all the suspension bushings with polyurethane, lowered it and installed a short shifter. It was a fun handling car but really slow with only 100ish horsepower. I drove it all over the country and it didn't need much more than oil, gas, and brake pads. Replacement parts were plentiful and cheap.

I sold it with around 170k miles after I got my first E46. It was still mechanically solid but had rust issues in all the usual honda places.

I search craigslist and ebay every once in a while and this generation Civic basically doesn't exist anymore. They've all rusted into the ground or are completely beat to hell. Hatchbacks come up on BAT once in a while but I've only seen one or two coupes.

Mirror Plant Automotive side-view mirror Motor vehicle Automotive mirror

· Registered
14 Posts
I miss that car sometimes. It was a '94 DX base model coupe with the D15B7 engine and manual transmission. No power steering or A/C and had manual windows.

I replaced all the suspension bushings with polyurethane, lowered it and installed a short shifter. It was a fun handling car but really slow with only 100ish horsepower. I drove it all over the country and it didn't need much more than oil, gas, and brake pads. Replacement parts were plentiful and cheap.

I sold it with around 170k miles after I got my first E46. It was still mechanically solid but had rust issues in all the usual honda places.

I search craigslist and ebay every once in a while and this generation Civic basically doesn't exist anymore. They've all rusted into the ground or are completely beat to hell. Hatchbacks come up on BAT once in a while but I've only seen one or two coupes.

View attachment 965173
You kept the red theme, nice! Your story is somewhat similar to mine, I had that Civic before I got my E46 coupe, only hatchback, with D15b2 engine, which I swapped a VTEC head on :D and it was an absolute blast. This is easily the best "slow" car I can think of, with only 150ish hp from that tiny engine, not that bad. I still keep it, rusting away in my driveway, every once in a while I drive it and when going back to it after driving the beemer I feel what not having M54 torque is like :) Funny thing for me, when I got the E46 it didn't feel that much faster ... since acceleration is smooth and hardly has any drama to it, but the speedo and tacho tell a different story, as the needles move quite swiftly to the right 🌌. I love the smooth power delivery of the straight 6.

· Administrator
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I'll be back in the next few days to get the voting started! If you haven't entered yet, now's the time to do so.

This month's theme was odometer; if you have not included a pic of your odometer, please go back and toss one in so I can include you in the poll! 😊

~MR

· Administrator
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Voting is now open, and it's time to choose your winner!

A HUGE thank you to all who participated. For those who didn't qualify this month, stick around for a while and give it another go. 😊

~MR

· Registered
2003 330i ZPP
537 Posts
Probably too late to enter, but I wanted to post anyways. Bought the car (2003 330i) back in 2020 after I got rear ended in my 1999 Nissan Sentra. Insurance gave me $3.3k for property damage and I picked up the 330 for $2.7k. Since then, I've driven thousands of miles. Trips to the hospital, packing my car to the roof and moving to Riverside, grocery getting, etc. My dad and I spent countless hours maintaining the car and much more time driving it and receiving compliments. He passed away last December, four days after my birthday, but thanks to this car those memories live on. Excited for many more miles of ownership.

Speedometer Odometer Trip computer Tachometer Gauge

Sky Car Speedometer Trip computer Street light

1 - 15 of 15 Posts