E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Who will be November's E46 of the Month?

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • paraklas

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • JimRogue

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • jkl84

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JosephMosher

• nealfromnz

• steeck1

• Nicholas330i

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • PdZHP

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Guam135i

• Tommasseymusic

• JDOB808

• Louken

• John.m

• Singlestar5683

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Black E46 Vert

• E46hoonigan

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • CameronPaul

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
I am Louken

I used to own an M50B25NV swapped 1990 325is E30 with full track set up. Well I sold that car many years ago. After a few different automobiles; a terrible discomfort and burning wile servicing a 97 Chevy S10 for an oil change.

So this is like September of last year. I know somebody at the Advance has an e30 sedan that used to belong to one of my good family friends. I decided to ask if he knows if there were any BMWs for sale, hoping he was active in the community. He said he would sell his car. I could tell that he quickly changed his mind when he said his asking price. A woman had come in to get fluids and they talked about her selling a 2000 323i Sedan. I hadn’t seen the car and after weeks of practicing patience we finally met at the Advance Auto Parts.

Car leaked oil, from all the usual places, car has some coolant spilled on it appearing to be a leak. The car stayed cool, the fan came on and the paint looks acceptable. We agreed on / price and another two weeks later we made the arrangements for them to bring me the car. I was working at a Christmas tree lot which reminds me that it’s nearly a year, the season starts this weekend.

Car came with 18” TSW Jarama Wheels, Set of 5 original style 53 15” with sumitomo tires that looked new with a date back to 2009 (burners!). Well all the stuff I thought I would need to replace was fine, everything else was a lot of work.
Car came with 18” TSW Jarama Wheels, Set of 5 original style 53 15” with sumitomo tires that looked new with a date back to 2009 (burners!). Well all the stuff I thought I would need to replace was fine, everything else was a lot of work.

Cluch/FW Kit, Rear Crank Seal, Transmission Shift Shaft Seal, Guibo, Center Support, Rear Brakes, RR Axle/Bearing, Engine Mounts, Transmission Mounts, Valve Cover Gasket, “Alternator Gasket”, Oil Pan Gasket, Struts/Shocks/Mounts/Bumps/Bellows, FL/FR Sway Bar Links, FCABs, Tie Rod )needs another), ABS Unit Replace/Program, Alternator (VALEO) R/I Rebu, 225/40r18 Firestone FH-Indy500 tires, Hella Ignition Coils, Denso Iridium TT, and I found a front belly pan laying around my mentor’s shop.

So my history with e46 is from a professional perspective, I started at a mom and pop race shop when they were only husband and wife. Later I went on to work on a variety of euros and exotics. Can’t always choose what you work on but euro cars are a speciality. I have also gotten to wrench abroad on specified Japanese fleet RWD vehicles.

Working is where I would meet the e46, I wouldn’t have exactly prioritized owning one because of the modern plastics, but I found them a pleasure to work on. It still seemed to make way too much sense every time I had to service one. This is why I walked into this e46 without any sort it fear; which has proven to be a lack of respect for what I had coming to me.

All of this and I have really grown to appreciate the car. I have since gotten a garage that’s a 1/4mile from the speedway and I have been happy to be faster than my old swapped e30 when I’m running down the 1/8th.

Here’s the proof that it’s all been worth it and also some photos of the car that I’ve taken at random. Haven’t done anything too showy with the car. I just put some decals to pay respect to the manufacturers that made this all possible.

07/00 2000 323i Titansilber Metallic 5MT Sedan
Bone Stock (tire mod)
Receipt Handwriting Font Material property Rectangle
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Window

Thanks for your vote!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mate, will you send me that tag when you’re finished with your project? I’ll be parking my car for a few months at least.
Hi Louken, as much as I would like too, I can't as being a Bimmer it will spend more time being in the garage under repair (Dorment), than on the road.
Cheers and stay safe and well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi just joined, seems every Google search for E46 came up with various links to here so here I am.
:)

I've had this early convertible 325 for a few years now. As far as I know it is still just as it was delivered from the showroom and hasn't been messed about with. Other than routine servicing it has been pretty much faultless and never missed a beat.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
1980 733i, 2006 m3
399 Posts
A whole lot of really great photos to choose from this month! Good luck to all!

Lets get some voting going on.

·
Registered
1980 733i, 2006 m3
399 Posts
^This. And, poor ‘Vert. I think you are to late to enter this months contest. Definitely throw it in next months one. That just screams winter.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts