E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Who is August's E46 of the Month?

• Fourcam

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • PowerS54

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Couper808

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • tigerblood

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • vertigo1

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Hisdem

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • BlueDropTop

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The August E46 of the Month contest is live. Please read carefully below.

THIS MONTH'S THEME: Convertibles. If the top drops, you can enter.
  • The last week of each month, a poll will be added to the thread with all the entries and you will have 7 days (or 5, depending on how quick I am to get the poll up and how well the thread is moving) to cast your vote.
  • You must own the submitted ride.
  • I would strongly suggest submitting pics with no people in it (dogs are fine) or at the least, crop them out of it.
  • Feel free to give a little backstory on your ride. Whether that be the modifications it has, how you came to own it, or just a fun story. Don't be afraid to share your ride's story.
  • If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here.

Congrats to July's Ride of the Month winner, @suryap!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is the 04 325ci Special Edition $650.00 Tow Auction revival car . 168k miles, runs great, drives good(now) , body is straight and the interior is good. The clutch fan had froze up , resulting in , at one of the previous owner's LeMans moments, the fan of course over revved what it was designed for, granaded all of the blades through the radiator, Trans cooler, overflow tank, fan shroud and left two dimples in the hood. My wrecking yard buddies hooked me up with everything for $120.00 . Someone had tried to lower the front end by letting the struts slip through the lower control arms a couple inches or better. Giving it gobs of negative camber and it had a lot of toe in too, just no front tire tread left from the middle of the tread pattern to the inside edge down to the wire !! They were driving it way too tough like this. Good thing the fan went instead and got this person off the road. But it turned out great, the top goes down, it's hot outside, the front end suspension is still tight, it liked the alignment , the $60 set of 85% front tires, drives straight and everything works. Has a clean title and good report card. It had no turn signals or high beams or dash lights. Buddies at the wrecking yd found me a compatible head light switch/module , so for the price of a pizza at lunch time, the switch was mine . It fixed everything related to it. With new lic. tabs, plates , title transfer , oil & filter, trans fluid and filter, it came to a grand total of $1125.00 with a fresh 500 miles put on the speedo.

Attachments

·
Registered
1980 733i, 2006 m3
264 Posts
We need more voting choices here. Here is another for your consideration.
EMM3 ain't the fanciest. TiAg with Black top and interior. Been changing the interior trim from silver to wood as pieces are acquired. Still need 1 rear and two front armrests.
She had the dulling headlight covers changed for some fresh ones. Added CF front splitters, euro exhaust manifolds, valve cover gaskets , blah, blah, blah.
Wanted to snap some recent pics. However, she is up on stands, waiting for some suspension parts to complete the H&R Sport Springs / Bilstein yellows install.
The pic with the LEO's is from the day she came home. You can just see her trunk between the white and black cars. We didn't do it, NO tickets issued that day.
Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is our 2003 BMW E46 M3 Convertible we purchased a couple weeks ago.
Other than a fist-sized hole in the bellhousing, an EML light within the first 1000-miles that I think we fixed, AND possible suspension issues on the rear-end - SHE'S BEEN A PEACH! LOL!
I'm loving the BMW community and loving the car - even though we knew we'd be in for some chops with a 20-year old German automobile :).
Cheers everyone and here's to winning this thing! :-D

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
My 2004 M3, which I've owned since 2014. She's not perfect, but we've been through a lot. Florida car originally, owned in Florida by me until last year, currently with me overseas (UK). Can't wait for this pandemic nonsense to chill so we can have a proper Eurotrip.

·
Registered
242 Posts
That’s what’s happening to all our Florida cars! 😱 the UK is great, the chicken was chlorine free while I was abroad. Chicken, Chippys and toastees!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2001 325ci, 140k original miles, third owner car came from California with zero rust and immaculate condition, bought it 3 months ago for $3,200
Wheel Tire Cloud Car Sky
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Sky

·
Administrator
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This thread will convert to a voting thread later this afternoon. Last chance to get your submissions in!

-Mike

·
Administrator
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
(I apparently didn't hit post reply yesterday)

No more submissions beyond this point.

Voting is now LIVE. Scroll up to the top of the thread to cast your vote for August's E46 of the Month. Good luck!

-Mike

·
Registered
1980 733i, 2006 m3
264 Posts
Bump for voters. Good choices here!

·
Administrator
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats to @Hisdem, you are our August E46 of the month!

I will return tomorrow to get you all set up. Also, going to try something a bit different for September. Since you are the winner, you get to choose this month's theme. You have until Friday to decide. Shoot me a PM with your choice :)

-Mike

1 - 20 of 24 Posts