E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Administrator
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the E46 of the Month Competition!

Please follow all instructions posted below:
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. No collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all "legal" modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. You must currently own the vehicle being entered.
  4. Include a short description of your favorite aspect of your vehicle, or your favorite memory or ride taken with your vehicle.*
  5. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  6. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged

Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here.

Good luck!

-Mike

·
Administrator
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can enter :). If you win, you can just choose who gets your premium membership.

-Mike

·
Premium Member
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
4,400 Posts
'03 325i touring, mystic blue over tannin red (no, it didn't come that way)

Mods include the interior swap of course, along with black cube trim and M Sport sill plates, black microsuede headliner and pillars, Billstein B8s on stock Sport springs, Apex ARC-8 in 18x9 ET30 on Conti DWS06 in 245/35-18, OEM Euro clear indicators and Orion V2 halos, M Tech II front bumper and rockers (rear bumper is in process), M3 side mirrors also in process (one is on now) , Westfalia removable hitch, 330i brakes, ZHP exhaust.
I'm super happy with the interior now that I've got it done, it feels so much more... Cozy? Especially after getting the headliner done last autumn. Looking forward to getting the paintwork sorted and installing the 6MT swap that I have waiting for it. Then it'll get an M54B30.

I'll remember the cross country trip that I did last June from Charlotte to Oregon to visit my parents for some time. This car really made doing loooong hours behind the wheel easy!

·
Registered
2002 330i 5 Speed
242 Posts
Hey guys. Thought I might as well do this.

I have a 2002 300I Sport 5 speed, that I am doing an engine swap in. I am only 15 and learning life pretty fast. The car just ran for the first time today after the swap. Mods: Just maintenance as of right now. Favorite aspect: I think the E46 (especially Sport or ZHP) looks like a true car. Come on guys, it's a beautiful-looking car.

·
Registered
2002 BMW E46 330i
137 Posts
I guess I’ll enter. I got a 2002 E46 330i 5-speed. She ain’t perfect and unfortunately last December we had a torrential rainstorm. This being my only vehicle, I had no choice but to drive it to work that day and I ended up driving through a large puddle which ripped off the front license plate mount and with it the plate itself. I plan to address that issue in due time. Anyways, The previous owner put on an m-tech/ZHP body kit and wheels. The mods I did are lowering kit, Dinan airbox and air filter, catless headers, Frankenstein exhaust with supersprint section 1 w/x-pipe and obx racing section 2 and 3. This doesn’t exactly count as a mod but I also tuned the vehicle myself to do really ignorant stuff (2-step, big flames, more power, way less gas mileage). I’m young and dumb so My favorite part of the vehicle at the moment is probably the 2-step I set up a little less than a week ago. The novelty still hasn’t worn off yet and it makes intoxicated homeless people start screaming and flailing their arms about in an erratic manner which is immensely entertaining.
View attachment 926062
61777020203__A27C56F3-EB29-435C-9934-8CD0D47FD090.JPG
IMG_2577.JPG

·
Registered
2005 BMW 330i
770 Posts

As far as modifications go it has Apex Race ARC8 18x9 ET42, Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, Apex 75mm stud conversion, EBC redstuff brake pads, Stoptech Cross drilled and slotted rotors, ECS SS brake lines, ECS sway bars, FCAB/RTAB poly bushings, koni fsd/special actives, eibach pro kit lowering springs, ground control camber plates, IRP strut brace, M tech trunk lip spoiler, M tech 2 front bumper, angel eyes, valeo smf/non sac conversion kit, dinan stage 1 tune, dinan ssk, mtech 2 steering wheel, black cube trim, android head unit, 30% tint all around, black kidney grilles and "Shadowline" window trim, 3.46 "auto" diff.

Eventual mods: rear m tech 2 bumper, zhp cluster, 10mm spacers.

My favorite aspect of the car is how driveable it is, and how it's nearly the exact opposite of what everyone claims to be the reliability norm of an E46. I love how I can just jump in and drive and my only worries is fuel consumption as well as the quart of oil every 1000ish miles. I've taken the car through everything: snow, race tracks, dirt/mud, gravel, it's ready for it all every with 3.5" ground clearance. I've driven it through California, Oregon and Nevada, puts up with 1000 mile drives like its a walk in the park. Hasn't seen a single tow truck or side of the road since I bought.

A little ode I wrote awhile back for an Instagram post "An E46 has been a dream of mine since early in high school, spend hours researching what mods I want and what maintenance it needs as well as searching Craigslist for hours. Ended up with a manual E39 but 5 years later ended up with my first E46 which was later replaced by a second E46. Badly did I want a ZHP, but I was able to find something better to a car guy. A well taken care of base model that can be used as a blank canvas. Running with the idea of a 330i Competition, pushing the boundaries of OEM+. Keeping it close to oem as possible but going with a unique flare of mods and black arc8s. To a car guy, a car isn't for point a to b. It's the ability to see a dream to fruition. This car has become that. A 330i with the perfect amount of drivability mods from suspension to brakes, to clutch and diff."

Attachments

·
Registered
E46 320ci M54, 2.2 170cv convertible '00
536 Posts

1. Hearth, body, soul :)
  2. No modifications. Totally pristine from factory.
  3. Car is mine till 2019. It has been stopped in a judicial deposit for 10 years after it was stolen to the original owner. Turned back to street some months before i bought it. Car was "freezed" at 2008 when hit the road again.
  4. E46 convertible is the perfect balance for my life. Enough modern, enough old, completely stilish, safe and silent on the road, joy to drive. Warmer than necessary in the winter and just as excited to leave you see the sky day and night only with a button.

·
Registered
2000 BMW E46 328i
41 Posts
This is my 2000 E46 328i. I bought it from LA (no rust, yay!) 5 years ago and its got 117,000 miles on the clock. In terms of mods, there are a few simple aesthetic changes: I swapped out the front orange turn signals for smoked ones with ghost bulbs, I changed the side turn signals to sequential LEDs and I swapped out the silver grill for a black one. These small changes just help keep the front of the car updated and looking a little more modern. Inside, I made subtle changes like wrapping the wood trim in black vinyl, changing the shifter and getting some new E46 branded floor mats.

I have done a fair bit of work on this so far including a new coolant tank, new rack and pinion, front control arms, vanos and valve cover and all pulleys and tensioners and the odd engine/transmission leak here and there. Next up will be front and rear shocks and probably a headliner replacement. The car is pretty much immaculate so the aim here is to get it as close to factory as possible - BMW know what they're doing when they build a car so there's no need to put a load of aftermarket stuff on it like lowering springs and completely ruin it. Hope you like it!

My favorite memory is probably back in 2019 when me and my girlfriend took it from MD up to Niagara Falls and back down the east coast on a week long vacation, doing some camping and some hotel stays. While the holiday itself was fun, the car was perfect - she just ate up road miles without a seconds trouble with all our stuff piled up in the back taking us to different towns, cities and destinations along the way.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
This is my 2004 M3. Titanium Silver/Grey Nappa leather interior originally. It now has a full black interior with Nappa leather seats with some OEM CSL bits inside. My M3 currently has 171,600 miles on it and has several mods added to it. Some of the mods added are BC Racing coilovers with lowering springs, an OEM CSL bootlid, CSL rear diffuser panel, Brembo GT big brake kit with two piece slotted rotors, BBS CH wheels (19x8.5 front and 19x10 rear), OEM CSL door cards and OEM CSL center console, Aluminum Tech interior trim, Euro power-folding side mirrors, Morimoto LED fog lights, ZKW lens swapped into my AL headlight assemblies, Orion V4 angel eyes, blacked out grills... there are more that has been done but this are a few and reflect highly on the car.

The picture below shows the Scorza CSL center console which has since been replaced by an authentic OEM CSL center console. The carbon fiber in these door panels and center console looks very nice and complements the black interior of my M3. I also replaced the original "broomstick" shift knob for a lit F10 M5 shift knob.

What I really like about my M3 is how clean this car looks with all the mods installed. When I'm cruising on the highway with this car it does get noticed and sometimes I have cars slowing down to look my ride over. I usually get nods or waves with occasional thumbsup and just enjoy taking this car out from time to time. I enjoy working on this car and plan to incorporate a full carbon fiber roof panel sometime in the future to complete the look. The way I look at it is you're never really done modding and setting up your car because something always either comes up or you change direction in how you want to set your car up. I enjoy this aspect of car ownership. It is always something different.

·
Registered
01 325xi going into a coupe
22 Posts
I’m not sure any of this thing will be legal, except the lighting. It is a 99 coupe that I jammed the drivetrain of an 325xi into. There’s some tunnel mods done to make it fit, as well as the front bumper (horns) to accept the xi front engine cradle. So far the best ride I’ve had in it is when we pushed it outside to get it out of the way. I have just finished stripping down the wire harness to essential items. Once that is installed, it can be started.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.