The 2012 BMW 3 Series Sedan
If there is such a thing as a quintessential BMW, it is without doubt the BMW 3 Series. The 3 Series is everything a sports sedan should be, and for years it has stood undisputed at the summit of the premium mid-size segment. Since it made its debut in 1975, more than 12 million customers around the world have taken ownership of a BMW 3 Series.
- F30 3 series sedan launches as a 2012 model year, available in US dealerships February 11th, 2012.
- 328i powered by the 245hp N20 turbo inline four cylinder engine.
- 335i powered by the 306hp N55 turbo inline six cylinder engine.
- Comes in three 'equipment lines' (details)- Sport Line, Luxury Line and Modern Line. M Sports package "equipment line" coming summer 2012.
- Up to 88lbs lighter then outgoing E90 sedan.
- Increased in length by 3.8 inches, height by .4 inches. Width without the mirrors is .1" narrower.
- Full color heads up display showing speed, speed limit and other information. What is shown and windsheild location customizable through iDrive.
- 6 speed manual standard. 8 speed automatic available for all engine options. Auto matches or beats manual gearbox for performance and emissions
- Auto stop/start and driver experience switch with four modes - sporty, ultra-sporty, comfortable and extremely economical driving
- Driver oriented dash with controls angled 7 degree to the driver returns to the 3 series after being left off the E90.
- Black panel display technology for the instrument panel. Very cool looking matte black display when the car is off.
- electro-mechanical steering system standard. Optional Variable Sport Steering adjusts steering ratio based on speed.
- iDrive and dash screen standard. Navigation offered as add on option in 'professional' and 'business' levels.
- Hands free trunk opening with comfort access by wiggling foot under rear bumper. Very handy when your hands are full of groceries.
- Optional M Sport brakes. Four piston aluminum front calipers. Two piston aluminum rear calipers.
- Optional M Sport suspension with electronically controlled dampers.
- Cameras - They're every where monitoring the road for every possible reason and then some.
- xDrive models coming summer 2012. Likely to be released as a model year 2013.
- M Sport coming summer 2012. Likely to be released as a model year 2013.
- ActiveHybrid 3 coming fall 2012. Likely to be released as a model year 2013.
Complete BMW 2012 F30 3 Series World Premiere Press Release
2012 3 series sedan F30 product catalog
Over 100 high resolution images of the 2012 BMW 3 Series Sedan