E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having issues with chugging or choppy/rough acceleration. It's more noticeable when I accelerate quickly or when I'm going up a hill. Once I'm to speed it's not noticeable. Also, when I'm idling it seems fine. The feeling is like there is intermittent gas going to the engine. The check engine light went on once a couple of days ago but it turned back off. I'm going to take it in to have the codes read anyway. Any ideas as to what this might be? The car has 80k miles BTW.

Also, I had the same issue with my e46 2005 325xi but for the life of me I can't remember what the prognosis was.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The code was a misfire in cylinder three. I plan to switch the ignition coil on two cylinders to see if the misfire moves to the new cylinder. I bought some Techron fuel cleaner additive to see if that helps too. On that note, do you all use high octane premium gasoline or does it matter? Any brand in particular?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.