E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year ago I bought a 2006 M3 Convertible and noticed in the trunk the liner had been cut away and there were some wires capped off. I assumed (naively) that the previous owner had an aftermarket audio system/sub box that they kept there and took out when they went to sell the car. Now in preparation for summer time and blasting tunes with the top down I've been doing some research and it looks like I'm missing an amp and a sub that should've been with the car. The only thing that's still back there is the bluetooth module.

I've got the HK system with navigation upgrade and I've been looking around for a factory component list or wiring layout or something to go through and see what's missing and what I've got to start replacing but I've come up short. RealOEM shows multiple amps for that year/model so I don't know if there's just one amp I'm missing or two (one for speakers, one for sub). I know I definitely need this one.

At the moment I'm looking to just replace what's missing vs spending a bunch of money to upgrade to all new stuff as the used amps and sub can be bought pretty cheaply on Ebay. The rest of the speakers work fine with the exception of the passenger midbass which buzzes quite a bit with the bass turned up so it should probably be replaced. But if you guys have some cheap replacement suggestions I'm open to checking them out._a_

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have HK system and i dont have anything like this , maybe it is an aftermarket install ?
Is yours a Euro model? From what I've read the Euro version is different from the US and yours has the amp behind the driver side rear speaker panel. In the US model the amp is in the trunk attached to the back of the seat.

The HK upgrade for the convertible has a sub between the ski pass through like shown here

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have HK and Nav...in a convertible
It's below the rear armrest drivers side. The same spot as in the above post.

The wire diagram going in to the amp is in this post.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1123769&highlight=

I guarantee everything else you'll need is in this forum
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

It's one Amp.
If you are putting in your own sub, you should plan on a sub specific amp.

Again - SEARCH. Both here and on the thing called the world wide web.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.