BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 530xi blown engine, still with in 4 years warranty but has 52,000 miles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

need help

I just sold a 2006 BMW 530xi on 14th this month , that night he drive about 500 mile. next day he text me and said [My drive soo good, I just couldn't believe how nice of a ride the car was! Great on highways and you don't even realize the speed your driviing cuz everything is so smooth! Thanks again!]

He called on 18th and told me there was smoke come out engine, and send me a picture of engine that has a hole side of the engine,
I just did a Full inspection at BMW at 49,000 miles and about 5 month ago, only drove2,000 miles over the winter, and the is still only 3 years and 9 month old,
I will try post a picture of the hole in the engine.
I spoke to the Tech at BMW, they said this car has the best engine out
there, bullet proof. They said the only way this could have happened is if
the car was abused or over revved for a long period of time,

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not your problem. Just bad luck on his part.

Did you have any engine work done previously? In any case you have the money he has the car end of story. A little sad for him though.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Does the car make a loud ticking sound when he starts it again?

If so.. blame it on a piston rod blowing.

I had this same problem with my first BMW, was a 2001 330i and a piston rod blew.

Took it to the mechanic and he said if i kept on driving it it would eventually blow a hole through the side of my engine. Looks like thats what happend there.

Solution: new engine since piston rods can only be "temporarily" fixed and will eventually blow out again if its replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts