E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a 2005 320 ci sport convertible with the MK4 sat nav unit (with freeview TV option), I bought a set of 2012 & 2013 DVD's both with V32 update CD's (all copies not OEM) from ebay. I updated my sat nav & all went OK, the unit shows SW-4 1/10. I drove the car for about 15 minutes with the 2013 DVD to see if all was working & everything seemed fine.

Today I drove my car & the unit keeps rebooting showing the M splash screen, finally it froze up & I got this very basic light blue coloured screen with basic controls. I turned off the unit & when I got home I removed the 2013 DVD & the system came back. I decided to test drive it with my OEM 2005 DVD I got with the car & it worked for about 5 min before rebooting again. I decide to drive without the GPS map on, just playing a music CD & it worked fine.

It seems to keep rebooting when accessing the DVD for GPS map functions.
Can anyone help me with this for a solution?

I read somewhere that SW-4/00 is the latest version & any number above this is a custom version.
Could this be the issue?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I have V32 update that I burned from xoutpost. I'll check the version, as it's been fine for me for a couple of years. Funny thing, just lately, I've been getting drive errors and the system has rebooted, but that's completely separate. EDIT: Just checked, and I'm on SW-4 1/00, so I can't comment on 1/10.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi johnrando,

It would seem that SW-4 1/00 is the version to use & I'm in the process of trying to get that.

Much thanks for the information.

·
Registered
544 Posts
When it's in the stuffed reboot-loop state, does holding down the Eject (in the boot) button temporarily fix it? Or has reinstalling SW-4 1/00 solved it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts