E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello new to the forum. I may be crucified for posting in the wrong spot but I am very frustrated with the recent purchase my 2005 E46 325i. I am a newbie on here and I have searched all over and cannot seem to find the problem with my business cd/radio. I just recently had to install a brand new battery in my car and now I have a issues with my radio. It will play very feint, you pretty well have to turn up the volume to just barely hear it. Sound like there is no amplifier, it at times kicks in and plays normal but then goes back to the problem I mentioned. A week or so ago I heard loud popping noises coming from the speakers so I turned the radio off. It was fine after that for awhile but now I have no radio and I am not very good mechanically.

I have searched around and I think my head unit may be fried and I can order one from Ebay for around 100 dollars. But I do not want to order one if that is not the fix. I pulled the radio out of the dash yesterday and reconnected everything and still the same problem. I also disconnected the battery for 15 minutes which did not help. My car is a Canadian model and by what I read on her does not have a separate amplifier. I would appreciate any insight from all the knowledgable fanatics on here. Does it sound like the head unit needs to be replaced??

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've got a head unit in perfect condition sitting in my basement. For $100 I'll ship it to you (if you're in the lower 48). If it fixes your issue, your happy... If not, ship it back and I'll refund your $$... Up to you. Just figured I'd make the offer if you're interested.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My shipping from Koalty was only 15 bucks so I would offer you 120 shipped. My email is

[email protected]

I will give you my address information and payment options for you. I really appreciate your help and generosity. This issue has me stressed because I am very meticulous about my vehicles.

Thanks Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.