E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Amazing interior. Pretty piece, good luck and hope you will keep us informed about the maintenance. It is funny about these cars that no matter how enthusiastic the owner is and how much money and effort do we put in our E46s, there is still something to invest to. You said that two previous owners were enthusiasts and you have to do sway bar links, PDC sensor, VANOS, Valve cover gasket, DISA. I brought mine from Germany too, previous owners were diligent too, one of them flush 4600***8364; in it in one and a half year according to bills just before selling it and I keep spending more and more. As it was written somewhere here, maintaining this car is like keeping supermodel happy.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I really like your thread. We are in similar situation and we both think the same. It took me some time to find a good E46 as well. I had to go to Germany for mine too this summer and I did so because of minimum rust on cars from over there. Seller had even sent me pictures of undercarriage so I knew there were only few rust spots on rear trailer arms, carrier frame, and sway bars. In my country they love to salt roads abundantly and it takes usually just one winter to eat the car from the bottom, one can hear it chews. I have already treated rear fenders against rust as you can see in my thread:

https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1240081

Next week I plan to address these few rust spots and apply Fluid Film on whole undercarriage. Have you heard of it? Have a look on YouTube, there are some impressive reviews. I think it looks promising. I have also already bought a new expansion tank with radiator and water pump for peace of mind. As you can see we have a lot in common. One question, why are you replacing gas tank cap?

·
Registered
120 Posts
You will be probably the only one on this planet with the reinforcement brace protective flap:clap:I have no idea where all these flaps are going..to some protective flap´s heaven or something...tell me please You have been down there...is it possible to remove front fender liners without removing reinforcement brace?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Electric fan is practically a stock mod. I would even say it is an improvement and something that all cars should have had. Newer BMWs have electric fans and if you were to sell it you could just put the mechanical fan back on
It definitely is stock mod but still a mod. I understand both sides but I know well how such mods make buyer, who does not know the qualification of the person tampering the system, suspicious. Here in Europe, price drop of a car after such mod is higher than regular change of visco clutch and water pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts