BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I just bought a 2005 325Ci convertible. It has bluetooth (No nav), but I'm having problems with my Cingular 8125. I can pair it, and when I set the BMW as a hands free device, I get a prompt to enter the passcode and it accepts it, but that's as faer as I get

Sometimes the BMW stays in the list of paired devices on my phone, sometimes it doesn't. I've yet to be able to make or receive a call. I never get any messages on the radio about pairing.

After about 2 hours messing with it yesterday, I gave up.

Anyone got this combination to work?

I read somethign about TCU upgrades. What is a TCU and what's it likely to cost?

Would I be better off just buying an updated ULF from bimmernav?

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Hi All

I just bought a 2005 325Ci convertible. It has bluetooth (No nav), but I'm having problems with my Cingular 8125. I can pair it, and when I set the BMW as a hands free device, I get a prompt to enter the passcode and it accepts it, but that's as faer as I get

Sometimes the BMW stays in the list of paired devices on my phone, sometimes it doesn't. I've yet to be able to make or receive a call. I never get any messages on the radio about pairing.

After about 2 hours messing with it yesterday, I gave up.

Anyone got this combination to work?

I read somethign about TCU upgrades. What is a TCU and what's it likely to cost?

Would I be better off just buying an updated ULF from bimmernav?

Thanks

Mark
Take it to the dealership. You should still be under the full factory warranty (if you have less than 50k miles).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts