E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Owner
Joined
·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From:
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=33372

Dear Mr. *****:

Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding our M3. We appreciate your interest and enthusiasm for our vehicles. The information on Southpointe BMW's website is true, as our M3s are limited production vehicles. The production of these vehicles will cease for a few years after the 2004 model year. I hope this answers your questions and puts an end to the rumors. Have fun shopping for your new car.

If you have any further questions, please respond to this e-mail or contact the Customer Relations and Services Department at 1-800-831-1117, Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time. Again, thank you for contacting BMW.

Sincerely,

Allison Eastwood
Customer Relations and Services
Representative
 

·
call me kev :D
Joined
·
5,512 Posts
van_basten said:
Oh no. If they are going to release the E90 sedans as MY 05, coupe as MY 06, would that mean the earliest of the next 3-series M will be MY 07? That's a skip of at least 2 years?
that's usually the case...

e46 was introduced in 99, e46 m3 came out in 01 :)
 

·
Owner
Joined
·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
van_basten said:
Oh no. If they are going to release the E90 sedans as MY 05, coupe as MY 06, would that mean the earliest of the next 3-series M will be MY 07? That's a skip of at least 2 years?
According to the email from the BMW rep, they will cease production of the M3 for a few years. So, I guess there will be no 05 or 06 (we'll probably see the next one in 07).
 

·
I'm not a bum, I'm a nomad
Joined
·
896 Posts
I'm calling BS. I think 05 is going to be the last year. The E90 sedan should be an 06 model, Ci in 07, M in 08.
All of this will probably be released the middle of the year prior. So I'd say 2005 is going to be it for the Ms with the new one coming in mid 07 as an 08 model.

Whew Too many numbers :p
.

Edit: Think about the E36-46 switch. The last M was 99 and then again in 01. That's only 2 calendar years. All of our other speculation is leaving 4-5 calendar years between models.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
AVRed1 said:
I'm calling BS. I think 05 is going to be the last year. The E90 sedan should be an 06 model, Ci in 07, M in 08.
All of this will probably be released the middle of the year prior. So I'd say 2005 is going to be it for the Ms with the new one coming in mid 07 as an 08 model.

Whew Too many numbers :p
.

i hope its bs in general just to get more people to buy them. or else im screwed
 

·
Owner
Joined
·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All I can say is that I'm glad I bought my M3 in time. For those of you contemplating purchasing an M3, I suggest you put in the order soon because if the report is correct, there are only 2 1/2 months left of M3 production.

There was a 1999 M3 and a 2001 M3, but no 2000. BMW skipped one year. However, I think they are gonna skip 2 years this time around because of all the new product launches. I am expecting the next M3 and M4 for the 2007 model year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
Choson1 said:
All I can say is that I'm glad I bought my M3 in time. For those of you contemplating purchasing an M3, I suggest you put in the order soon because if the report is correct, there are only 2 1/2 months left of M3 production.

There was a 1999 M3 and a 2001 M3, but no 2000. BMW skipped one year. However, I think they are gonna skip 2 years this time around because of all the new product launches. I am expecting the next M3 and M4 for the 2007 model year.
:eek:mg: just my luck... i really hope that this is something they are doing to get people to buy a lot more m3's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
I believe BMW is going to introduce the new E90 in Paris this coming Dec, so I don't think E90 will come out as MY05 model.
 

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
Joined
·
4,467 Posts
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Lying, drunken cheat
Joined
·
4,290 Posts
AVRed1 said:
I'm calling BS. I think 05 is going to be the last year. The E90 sedan should be an 06 model, Ci in 07, M in 08.
All of this will probably be released the middle of the year prior. So I'd say 2005 is going to be it for the Ms with the new one coming in mid 07 as an 08 model.

Whew Too many numbers :p
.

Edit: Think about the E36-46 switch. The last M was 99 and then again in 01. That's only 2 calendar years. All of our other speculation is leaving 4-5 calendar years between models.
But think also of the E30 - E36. 1991 to 1995...
 

·
I'm not a bum, I'm a nomad
Joined
·
896 Posts
e46bimmer said:
I believe BMW is going to introduce the new E90 in Paris this coming Dec, so I don't think E90 will come out as MY05 model.
So are you saying 06 then? The release of the E90 sedan is going to determine if there is an 05 E46M3. If E90 MY 05 then maybe this rumor is true. If its not until 06 we should see our beloved E46 M for another year.
 

·
Owner
Joined
·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Maybe the M3 is not making financial sense for the company. :dunno: I always thought the M3 sold well and made lots of profit for BMW. But, if they are limiting production to only 4 years for this model, well, it's obviously a business decision they are making for a reason.
 

·
call me kev :D
Joined
·
5,512 Posts
Choson1 said:
Maybe the M3 is not making financial sense for the company. :dunno: I always thought the M3 sold well and made lots of profit for BMW. But, if they are limiting production to only 4 years for this model, well, it's obviously a business decision they are making for a reason.
i really don't think that's the reason tho, they sold way more m3 than 330ci and tons of other models

they probably want to UP the HP for the e90, and don't want it too close to the power figure of the current m3 :dunno: just a guess
 
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top