BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, you read correctly. I purchased my 2004 Silverstone/black 3 weeks ago from my local dealer not really thinking of how it would fit into my life. While I don't need to sell it, I'm basically driving my 330i daily anyway, so I'm putting the S up for sale 3 weeks after it came home from the lot.

Picked it up with 3 miles on it, and properly broke it in until 650 miles. I was more than happy with the car vs the 03 model (which I could never have driven daily), however it still just doesn't have the luggage space and capacity I need it to. I commute home to NJ from PA everyweek (hence the miles) and often need to bring a lot back and forth. The tweaks they've done to the 04 make it soooo much easier to drive daily, and feels more powerful.

The ONLY thing not 100% perfect with the car is a small mark on the front bumper. (see pics) Just to the left of my license plate someone backed into me while parking. Kind of just smudged the bumper in a 2 inch vertical line. Hardly noticable, but it must be mentioned. Other that that the car is flawless. Freshly waxed this weekend. Perfect interior and exterior as you can imagine a car with under 1k miles would be. The car also has the window etching on all the glass.

Check out the pics and if you have any other questions don't hesitate to email me. Located 20 minutes north of Philadelphia (Lansdale, PA) and garaged day and night. Would prefer someone local, but not necessary. Can be driven or shipped anywhere in the country. The car is paid for, title in hand ready to go. All documents, manuals, keys, everything as if you were buying it right from the dealer. My mistake in buying the car is your gain if your in the market for one.
Asking $30,000 OBO Basically $2800 off MSRP.
Email: [email protected]

If you need or want any pics of something more specific I'd be more than happy to oblige.

Best offer takes it.

Thanks!

Andrew Way (PS: don't let me buy any more cars...)

·
Registered
185 Posts
nice car, interesting concept to buy it and then sell it....was it sporadic? i get itchy sometimes too, but then the lady of the house slaps some sense into me...

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
4,531 Posts
Away your such a :pimpin: paid in CASH.
That S2k is so nice, good luck with the sale. I guess your keeping your BMW now huh.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Charlie I always buy my cars with cash, it's just simplifies things for me.

It wasn't so much sporadic as compulsive. I had been checking them out, driven some 04's and liked the idea of a convertible. Went to a few dealers to see who had the color I wanted in stock and ended up driving it home. I never thought about the fact of me throwing 4 bags into the trunk to go home every weekend! Shortly after getting it I realized it wasn't going to work out. So here I am...

The car really is a blast, and if I didn't drive so much with so much stuff I would never think about selling it. I thought our cars were great driving machines, but they don't even come close to the precision of this car. Turning, braking, shifting, accelerating, all so razor sharp and precise. (I sound like a commercial) My 330 honestly feels lethargic going back to it, but hey, it's more practical for me.

So while I don't necessarily HAVE to sell it, it's really not going to get driven that much and to me doesn't seem worth keeping on my insurance and having it sit in my garage depreciating with no one driving it.

I just thought I'd post in case someone was looking at them. This way they can get a WAY better price than at the dealer, and it's still essentially a brand new car.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
transferred registration. I was planning on replacing my 330 with the S2000. I even dropped my insurance on my 330. Time to pick it back up and swap tags AGAIN!

·
Registered
585 Posts
That was the only car I was looking at before I got my 330Ci last year. Till this day, I am still thinking whether I made the right choice.

Good luck in selling the car.

·
No more E46 :(
2,646 Posts
Faheem Daddy said:
What changes did Honda make to the 2004 model vs. 2003?
- 2.0L vs 2.2L (more torque)
- 17-inch wheels and tires
- revised gear ratios
- different suspension tuning
- new front bumper, headlights, rear bumper and taillights (LED)
- new inside door panels and interior parts
- and other things that I can't think of now.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that pretty much sums up the changes

Like I mentioned I could never have driven a 03 every day, but then I went to check out the 04's and it seemed like everything I didn't like about the 03's were fixed for 04. Not to mention I think they look MUCH better now with the revised bumpers and bigger exhausts. They ONLY rev to 8000 instead of 9000...

If anyone is interested from from father away I can arrange shipping or deliver it to you, which ever you prefer. I especially have the hookup along the east coast because my uncle is always driving down to FL delivering Ferrari's and race cars to people in a huge ass trailer. So I could just put it in there for you on his way down.

Anyway, still up for sale!

·
Registered
182 Posts
$29000 if you fixed the front bumper.

·
'a certain moderator'
36,771 Posts
best of luck with the sale bro

quick, find another impulse buy car, so i can grab some shiz off ur 3 :D

andrew is a good guy, shouldnt have any trouble doing business with him.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
$29,000 if YOU fix the front bumper.

Honestly to me it isn't worth the cost to repair it, or I would have already. You can BARELY notice it except in ultra close up's like th pic I posted of it, and to me it doesn't justify replacement.

I'm already $3,300 off the price of a new one, so I think it's a fair deal.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lowest price!

$29,000!!!

I really didn't want to take such a beating, but I would like to keep a car I actually drive in my garage.:D For now, this is taking up my only space.

Let's sell it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I already gave you my best offer.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah about that

Your in CA first of all, which doesn't facilitate the easiest transaction.

AND, for almost 4 grand off the price of this car, I think I'll just leave the bumper the way it is.

For $29,500 I'd fix the bumper, but as it stands now I have offers below $29k for the way it is which doesn't warrant me fixing the bumper.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts