BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has finally come...I'm selling my beloved 545i given that I have too may cars and not enough time to drive them. I work way more than I'd like to drive and it's not worth it for me to just let this car sit.

This car has been owned by a BMW enthusiast...it's not the same junk 5 series you see on craigslist with no maintenance. I've owned BMW's all my life and i'm not a mechanic by any means, but love to learn about these cars, drive them and maintain them. I've religously maintained this car, and for anyone who knows BMW's they will drive forever if you maintain them properly. I'd like this car to go to someone who cares about it as much as I did as they don't make them like this anymore.

The naturally aspirated V8 engine in this car is a rocket and brings a smile to your face everytime you accelerate. It can still beat many of the newer twin turbo garbage cars you see nowadays.

Car Details:

2004 BMW 545i - 142k Mike’s
Located in NJ (north jersey)
Not willing to ship
VIN: WBANB33544B111084
Clean title - never been in an accident
Very tiny ding on the passenger side other than that the body is spotless. No rust anywhere.
Full maintenance records available
This car is fully loaded with the exception of navigation. It comes with the premium package and cold weather package.
Automatic transmission
Harmon/Kardon premium sound system with AUX input
Premium leather in excellent condition no rips or tears
Heated Seats
Automatic steering controls
HID Xenon lights

Maintenance (can provide all reciepts of items purchased):
Oil was religously changed every 5k using Liqui moly oil and Mann filter
Coolant flush with original BMW coolant
New upper and lower radiator hose (less than 5K miles)
brand new graf water pump and water pump pulley (less than 5K miles)
Fairly new tires - all rims straigtened and checked for bends/cracks given crappy NJ roads
New front brake pads and rotors (Might need new rotors for rear)
New spark plugs (30k miles)
2 new bosch coils (<1k)
new bosch winter wiper blades
new brake lines coated with anti-rust adhesive (<15k)
new brake fluid and bleeding (<15k)
new brake master cylinder (<15k)
new bosch battery <15k (installed and programmed by BMW dealership)
new rear tail light and bulb - rear tail light burned out due to a short in the wire which was replace and fixed professionally.
new air filter
new original BMW micro power module - replaced and relocated to avoid future electrical issues
Car was washed weekly including undercarrige to avoid rust due to winter driving

For those of you who know about these engines, they are known for carbon build up after some mileage which causes the secondary air injection pump to go off and does not let you pass inspection in NJ. The carbon build up was cleaned from this engine and does not need to be addressed for at least another 100k miles. AGA Carbon removal tool was used.
No check engine lights or misfires whatsoever. Car drives straight and smooth with no issues.
inspection valid until 2020

Asking $5000 or best offer

IMG_7404.jpg IMG_7405.jpg IMG_7407.jpg IMG_7401.jpg IMG_7402.jpg IMG_7403.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts