E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had my 2004 bmw 330i zhp for about 3 years now, everything was running super good until one night when my headgasket decided it had enough. I got it looked at and found out the previous owner did work on it and messed up the tensioner threads and the headbolt threads. Machine work to fix plus labour for headgasket fix was way more then an engine swap. So what im getting to is im either looking to buy a m54b30 zhp engine, or a regular m54b30 engine i can swap my cam shafts into, or potentially even a zhp engine block because i beleive thats all i would need to repair to get everything rebuilt, aside the headgasket, I could be wrong though. I bought a ZAM to keep me going in the mean time but i would like to fix it up if possible this winter. I dont want to have to sell as part out. If anyone has any leads to anything or info to help me out, anything would be appreciated. I am located in Winnipeg, Manitoba in Canada, but im also willing to figure out shipping to make something happen. It would be preffered for something in canada but if something reasonable states side pops up i might consider. Thank you !

·
Super Moderator
2,533 Posts
If you can find a decent, used M54B30 in Manitoba, then swapping out cams for you ZHP cams is probably the best way to go.

Fixing your engine is not all that tough either. But It doesn't sound like you have ability/interest in doing it yourself?

·
Registered
2004 325i
895 Posts
It's probably better to swap an engine in, and you can find ones near you at car-part.com, and they can ship you an engine or anything from the junkyard that has it. There's some around me down here in NC, and I found a 50k mile b30 engine for only 800 bucks, so you might want to look into whats around you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys for the info ! Ive found a m54b30 engine in ontario that has potential, But i will have to check out the carpart site before i commit fully. I myself dont have the ability to do that kind of engine work myself, i have a close friend who i do it with and he kind of teaches me along the way. So i do have the interest and time, Just not the know how haha. First time im dealin with this issue so its all a learning curve for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.