BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -

When I lock my car with the button on the fob - the doors and glovebox lock. But when the roof is down or windows open, I just realized that if you simply press the lock button in the center console - both doors will unlock (the lock things on the door do not popup though) and the glovebox is unlocked as well.

Seems odd that you can't lock everything down or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any info!

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
But when the roof is down or windows open, I just realized that if you simply press the lock button in the center console - both doors will unlock (the lock things on the door do not popup though) and the glovebox is unlocked as well.
When that happens, the doors will only open from the INSIDE.

The cabriolet is unique in that when the roof is down, the center console unlock button becomes inoperative (as does the trunk release) once you exit and lock the vehicle with the key or FOB. If your electronic Glove Box lock is functioning normally (often it isn't as a wire has become disconnected), it will lock as well if it's not locked already with the key.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
...I just realized that if you simply press the lock button in the center console - both doors will unlock (the lock things on the door do not popup though) and the glovebox is unlocked as well.
Are you saying this happens after you exit the car with the roof down and then lock it with the FOB or key that you can then reach in and unlock using the central lock button? If so, that shouldn't happen. If you're still sitting in the drivers seat, then what is happening is normal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts