BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just searched a few pages on the forums here, and I can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for.

TO start I drive a 2004 325xi (black on black)

What I want to do is replace my current halogen housings with projector housings.

I've found a bunch of different assemblies. None of which I actually "trust".

What I'm looking for is a black set of housings. They need to have a good lens in them, and I'd prefer to have LED angle eyes, as I'm told they are a lot brighter, as well as look better.

My plan was to get black projector housings with LED angel eyes, and 8K HID's.

The HID's I would be getting another time, as money is a crunch for me. But those I'd like a link to, if anyone knows of a good company.

I see prices for $35 kits.. and also $400 kits.

I know the more I spend the better the quality in most cases, but does anything have a good suggestion?
(55watt kits)

Also, I don't want any of the p46 assemblies as they aren't good enough for my standards. I need to see the road, and the P46's just aren't good enough for me. (A friend haD them and I disliked them.)

Thanks so much in advance for the help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm looking for the same thing bro but with 6k instead of 8k mines dark green but I want black projector or black housing with angel eyes they told me angel eyes sucked and the guy wouldn't install for me :confused: still wanna get them though it looks amazing

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey man, I actually decided to go with 6k HID's and umnitza orion V2's.

I just got the Orion Lites for my halogen housings while I save for the projectors, and one ring broke while driving.

But I'm going to have umnitza install it all for me. I'm just gonna go through them and hope for the best.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Doesn't your xi come with hid why get the 6k mines has stock hids so haven't found a kit that will fit

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also been checking umnitza and khoalty don't know which way to go but idk I need someone to install I know nothing about this :-(

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine came with halogen housing's):

But hey, they're fairly easy to install man, I mean I knew nothing, but going by the instructions, I did it all in all, in about 4 hours. (had to let some glue dry first)

http://www.umnitza.com/dde/video/e46bixenon/predatorinstall.htm

I'd go umnitza, I've heard they're better than the other names out there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the link but it cleary states all e46 except 2004 xenon bi xenon and that's the model I have pulling my hair don't know the #### to do ughhhhhh so annoyed

·
Site Sponsor
18,523 Posts
Also been checking umnitza and khoalty don't know which way to go but idk I need someone to install I know nothing about this :-(

You can reach us by phone:) Call any time during the week, we can discuss with you.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well as far as I can assume, they're the same to get out. But I'm just guessing.
If you give me the VIN number, my brother's best friend Chris, works for BMW and is the lead tech down in virginia at the largest plant, yada yada...

I can ask him what to do to remove the assemblies and such.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts