BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, new member, bought a 2004 325ci, pretty much stock with 19" csl wheels... just wondering if anyone knows (and how much it will cost) to fit a supercharger? any other suggestions are welcome as im new to this and seen some pretty hot cars on here!!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Nice!!

Hard to tell from those pics, is ur car manual or auto?
but at the very least 10K to charge... prob closer to 15 in reality..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cars auto, previous one was manual but i buckled that, blew the diff, tore the rear crossmember from the chasis. tailshaft cuplinks, gearbox..... control arm bushes, about 3 sets or wheel bearings lolll... sooo yeh lucky some1 smashed into me and i got agree'd value :) :)

sooo a supercharger may be a little high for my budget!!! butt what about a conversion to a manual box?

Cheers

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah... thanks for thread. had a quick browse at that before...
any recommendations on who to enquire with in Melbourne?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
or on the other hand, what are some tasteful mods that will gain some power?
and where do i look for them?

cheerss;)

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
or on the other hand, what are some tasteful mods that will gain some power?
and where do i look for them?

cheerss;)
larger Cams and diff gears will see gains..
also manual with lightweight flywheel and clutch..
intake and exhaust for a nice note..
then a tune!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
if your thinking of s/cing or swapping to manual, sorry mate, but you bought the wrong car.

You should have got a man 330 or even better a M3 , you would have still had $$ in your pocket given what your talking about doing ...

·
Euro tuner
3,532 Posts
if your thinking of s/cing or swapping to manual, sorry mate, but you bought the wrong car.

You should have got a man 330 or even better a M3 , you would have still had $$ in your pocket given what your talking about doing ...
+1

Not much you can do to a auto.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Isnt Kims car auto? Is the s/c option for autos that bad? Just curious as ive also considered this down the road.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Did she require any subframe strengthening or diff changes? Im hoping Kim chimes in soon.

My guess is depending on KMs of the car, these things may be required.

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Did she require any subframe strengthening or diff changes? Im hoping Kim chimes in soon.

My guess is depending on KMs of the car, these things may be required.
I think the vert subframe mounts are already strendthened more than the coupes..
And I think Kim got her auro strengthened and is running low psi on a moddest tune.. :hmm:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
hmmm i see.... (no sarcasm intended!).

I'd prob only be running low boost too but yeah It's prob risky on the steptronic. If only more manuals were available when I bought this car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
larger Cams and diff gears will see gains..
also manual with lightweight flywheel and clutch..
intake and exhaust for a nice note..
then a tune!
any recommendations on exhausts and intake system and a price im looking at and also where to buy from?
im located in melbourne...

And also how can i get my gear box strengthened? (sorry for my lack of knowledge, dont no much mechanically)

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Definatly WORX AUTO.... they can provide the best exhaust, tune and intake money can buy... But at a good price... Coupled with the great service delivered from steve and the team.... A+++
They can take care of all your modifications (aesthetic and performance) routine maintainence (services) and any unscheduled maintainence required. They can even source some modifications aswell... Have some aesthetic stuff on display for sale too
better yet WORX is a forum sponsor too so E46f discount!!
Make sure you ask for steve, and I recommend a BMW performance intake, WORX custom exhaust and ESS tune at the end.

contact details
WORX AUTOMOTIVE
Address
353 Albert St Brunswick 3056 Victoria Australia
Phone 03 9387 4440
Fax 03 9387 4443
Business Hours
Monday to Friday - 8:00am to 5:00pm
You can be assured of a prompt reply.

Hope I helped
Pulo

1 - 20 of 21 Posts