·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 M3 (MSRP prices)
6-speed manual
metallic paint ($475)
Aluminum Trim ($300)
premium package ($2900 - includes nappa leather)
bi-xenon lights ($700)
Width-adjustable power front seat backrests ($500)
BMW On-board navigation system ($1800)

Total MSRP: $53,870

I understand that you may not have gotten the exact options, but would still like to know how much under MSRP you were able to bring it down (please don't include tax, license, etc.). Also, if it matters, please state the city/state you got the price. BTW, I live in So Cal.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
i will second that i got a 2003m3 couple

ran me 66,457.00 very option except 3 or 4 with dealer options
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
BmWm3PoWer03 said:
You cannot bring the msrp down for now cause the car is in high demand my m3vert came out to over 65000 with taxes:banghead:
really? well, I'm hoping I can b/c I just bought a 2002 330 ci about 10 months ago from the guy that I'll be getting the 2003 M3 from. He'd better do something for me; otherwise, I tell him I'll be going to another dealership and get MSRP from them instead. I'm sure he'll bend a little.

·
Registered
309 Posts
he won't bend a little buddy, the most you'll get is free mats, thats about it, the M3 is in such high demand they hardly have any in stock and used ones are selling for more than NEW, he can sell that car to anyone else at min MSRP if not above....

·
Registered
354 Posts
If you look DILLIGENTLY you can find M3's selling for MSRP and possibly even less. There are deals out there. I got my 2002 M3 with 8000ish miles on it, LOADED, for $48,000. I was in the process of negotiating a deal on an untitled, NEW, 2 weeks away from delivery, Black/Cin leather M3 in Mass for $51500 which was $500 off MSRP. He was willing to do that if I gave him $1000 on a CC that afternoon. The reality is there are some who have had deposits on M3's but because of the rapidly changing economic climate, have had to cancel them. This makes for the occaisonal "deal" on an M3.

So look around and you may find a discount of some sort, but as others have said, don't expect much because we're still talking about a highly sought after car. For me, I would never go with anything but pre owned again. Saves $$, beats the break in woes and are easier to find in most cases. That being said, if the V10 M5 is a go I may get THAT brand new just because, well, just f**king because it's a V10 M5!!!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I got my for $78170can.
I put the order in nov 03 02.. and still waiting for the vin # so I can order some wheels.. and parts..

I got navigation, Cd changer, PDC, rain sensor..
plud PDI..

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BlackE46M3 said:
If you look DILLIGENTLY you can find M3's selling for MSRP and possibly even less. There are deals out there. I got my 2002 M3 with 8000ish miles on it, LOADED, for $48,000. I was in the process of negotiating a deal on an untitled, NEW, 2 weeks away from delivery, Black/Cin leather M3 in Mass for $51500 which was $500 off MSRP. He was willing to do that if I gave him $1000 on a CC that afternoon. The reality is there are some who have had deposits on M3's but because of the rapidly changing economic climate, have had to cancel them. This makes for the occaisonal "deal" on an M3.

So look around and you may find a discount of some sort, but as others have said, don't expect much because we're still talking about a highly sought after car. For me, I would never go with anything but pre owned again. Saves $$, beats the break in woes and are easier to find in most cases. That being said, if the V10 M5 is a go I may get THAT brand new just because, well, just f**king because it's a V10 M5!!!!!
great advice! thanks! and yes, having a V10 M5 would be F**KING AWESOME!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I just ordered mine last week and the grand out the door total is $92,221CAD. Price before taxes and other crap came to $79,130. The only options i got were SMG and park distance control. For Canada much stuff already comes standard. Leather seats, metallic paint, bi-xenon, premium H/K stereo, sunroof, cold weather package and a few others are all standard for the M3 in Canada.
Just for easier comparison, $92221CAD = $54964USD

·
Registered
179 Posts
WOW Daft, you are so lucky... All the things you mentioned I had to pay for.... nothing standard here in Belgium

But I got 6% under MSRP here in Belgium....

With Leather, metallic, xenon, HK, SMG, NAV, High Gloss Shadowline, Alu trim, central armrest, heated seats, I had to pay 64.000 EURO or 101.000 CAD or 64.500 USD
21% sales tax included....
will be delivered 04/2003

·
Registered
112 Posts
BMW Of Fairfax in VA are dealing. I was asked not to say what I paid but I asked If I send people to him would he do better than $500 off MSRP and he said yes. Just asked for Steve O' Brain and tell him Bernard sent you. (703) 560-2300

·
• DFW •
2,743 Posts
Dang dude! Thats a good price its about 53000€ not including VAT!! w/ xenons, metallic paint and leather thats about close to 50500€

benzdriverke said:
WOW Daft, you are so lucky... All the things you mentioned I had to pay for.... nothing standard here in Belgium

But I got 6% under MSRP here in Belgium....

With Leather, metallic, xenon, HK, SMG, NAV, High Gloss Shadowline, Alu trim, central armrest, heated seats, I had to pay 64.000 EURO or 101.000 CAD or 64.500 USD
21% sales tax included....
will be delivered 04/2003

·
Registered
28 Posts
2002 M3, $1000 off MSRP. Joe Self BMW in Wichita, KS. Someone ordered it and backed out of the deal....I was in the process of calling virtually every dealer in the Midwest to put out feelers. Just so happened, this one was sitting on the lot....virtually my exact specs....only missing heated seats. Did the deal over my cell phone from an airport...drove there the next day and picked it up. No BS deal...shop it around a bit....give them a call and ask for Greg.

·
T!TSLVR
1,263 Posts
Paid MSRP here..

but I got discounts on dealer options and on my loan.

My opinion is, yeah I could probably call every BMW dealer in the US and someone will probably give me below MSRP... but considering the fact that BMWs will need to be services regularly, it seems that the $500 you save will not cover the fact that your local dealer will not give you a loaner if you did not buy your BMW from there.

I kinda realized that the convenience and treatment of buying from a local BMW dealer (at MSRP) pays off in the service they give you after you purchase your car.

I would much rather pay MSRP and get good service for the life of my car, than get bad treatment from for only a few hundred dollars off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Re: Re: 2003 M3 - Who's gotten the lowest price?

Impulss said:
Paid MSRP here..

but I got discounts on dealer options and on my loan.

My opinion is, yeah I could probably call every BMW dealer in the US and someone will probably give me below MSRP... but considering the fact that BMWs will need to be services regularly, it seems that the $500 you save will not cover the fact that your local dealer will not give you a loaner if you did not buy your BMW from there.

No loaner???? Just took mine in for the first service and my dealer asked me where I got it...I told him....and he gave me a loaner anyway. Sounds to me like a dealer-by-dealer policy. I can tell you my local dealer didn't have a problem with it.:dunno:

·
T!TSLVR
1,263 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 2003 M3 - Who's gotten the lowest price?

KaCee said:

No loaner???? Just took mine in for the first service and my dealer asked me where I got it...I told him....and he gave me a loaner anyway. Sounds to me like a dealer-by-dealer policy. I can tell you my local dealer didn't have a problem with it.:dunno:
Yes, I agree that it is a dealer-by-dealer policy on loaners. In the MD/VA/DC area, it seems like even if you take your car in to the dealership where you got your car from, sometimes they still don't give you a loaner or they give you a cheap rental car. By loaner I mean a BMW. I know my BMW dealership only has a few BMWs to split among all the salesguys... So obviously they make it a personal perk for their personal customers to have the loaners first. I think that is worth more to me than $500 off MSRP.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to get $500 or $1000 off MSRP, but on the M3, I honestly think it's hard to do right now... or they all got everybody thinking that.

Either way, they can easily make that money back (and more) on you by charging you for floor mats and full price on dealer accessories..... then essentially, you would still be paying more.

I know I saved more than $500 but my car was sold at MSRP.

·
The Man you Love to Hate
288 Posts
Wow

over 60k for an e46 ?

I wish I had money like you dudes..............

1 - 20 of 32 Posts