BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 330xi, M54B30 - Have a tear in the intake boot. I want to do the silicone replacements but they are hard to find. I want to keep the stock system and just replace the boots only. Turner only makes it for the 2.5 L so I didn't want to order it and have issues. Mishimoto discontinued their version.

If you can help, have links I can research, things that worked for you - please advise and thank you.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Check out the 1 piece boots that are on X3s with the M54b30. Supposedly they fit our cars too.
Wow that’s interesting. Looks like a sturdier part potentially. I’ll grab one from the junkyard at some point and see how it fits.

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
That's sweet, I'd like to see that in action!
IDK if mine have ever been changed, I should order one from FCP and try it. At least then I could say for sure if the boots for the m54b25 in the X3 will fit the e46.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
just get the e46 rein ones, they’re like 15 bucks and last 10 years. There’s no reason to mess around with anything else
But a one piece would make things so much simpler.

·
Registered
149 Posts
yes. and the one piece was 23 bucks Rein and FCP lifetime warranty. If I don't have to mess with an extra hose clamp and it works the same... I'm stoked.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you everyone, I ended up going Rein boots, upper and lower. Currently reusing my older upper boot because it didn't have any cracks in it + Aluminum F connect + modded DISA. Thank you for the Rein and X3 boot suggestions - will try that next time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts