BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2004 330CI ZHP
140 Posts
Greetings from Charlotte! This is a fun story - love a budget minded build!

I'm just finishing up the rear end refresh and doing a topside reinforcement with either a Vince bar or x brace (both are in the garage, not sure which I'll use yet). Let me know if you need any tools or tips!

Man I'm so jealous of your rear subframe along with everything else, nothing is rusty. Mine is to the point where I'm afraid welds might start cracking!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Greetings from Charlotte! This is a fun story - love a budget minded build!

I'm just finishing up the rear end refresh and doing a topside reinforcement with either a Vince bar or x brace (both are in the garage, not sure which I'll use yet). Let me know if you need any tools or tips!

I might have to take you up on your offer sometime...Having watched too many Redish videos on Youtube, I don't want to be taking any shortcuts on the rear subframe and will be doing lots things while I'm in there. I did rubber RTABs and limiters about 2 years ago, but will be doing the Camry RTAB along with sphericals on the upper and lower camber arms. I've got some polys to go in the diff mounts along with a finned cover I'd like to swap on while everything is out. I'm not sure if I want to go poly or solid aluminum on the subframe bushings yet.

·
Registered
2005 ZHP
225 Posts
Man I'm so jealous of your rear subframe along with everything else, nothing is rusty. Mine is to the point where I'm afraid welds might start cracking!
Florida car bro. Always buy a Florida car.

I might have to take you up on your offer sometime...Having watched too many Redish videos on Youtube, I don't want to be taking any shortcuts on the rear subframe and will be doing lots things while I'm in there. I did rubber RTABs and limiters about 2 years ago, but will be doing the Camry RTAB along with sphericals on the upper and lower camber arms. I've got some polys to go in the diff mounts along with a finned cover I'd like to swap on while everything is out. I'm not sure if I want to go poly or solid aluminum on the subframe bushings yet.
Man we have a lot to talk about... I'll shoot you a PM.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Just found this thread, awesome build. I'm over near Winston-Salem if you're ever out this way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice ZHP!

What class do you run? OOps, saw it is DSP snaptube word to pdf vidmate . I have 255 Hoosiers but rolled the fenders. I'm in North Wilkesboro if you want to compare notes.
like to keep the complete stock interior. However, for my weight goal of 3,000 lb, I may have to pull the front seats as a lot of weight can be lost here. These things may change, but ultimately I want it to still be comfortable for day to day driving, hot or cold, rain or shine.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts