BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help PLEASE!!!

hi everyone,

i live in the bay area and planning to buy a BMW325i which is all i can afford for now...

the dealer is offering a $500 over invoice plus MACO or DAG fee for $200 (bay area advertising they said) and a Training fee of $160. the total will be $945 over invoice.

is this a good deal? anybody got a better deal so far?

P.S. they said i have to buy floormats on my own..

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!!

·
I holla
1,692 Posts
i think i paid 1500 over invoice, so your deal sounds much better than mine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I paid 1500 over invoice myself, through the Costco program at Concord BMW. I still couldn't complain.

But 945 over sounds superb. I still don't get the training fee
:confused:

Enjoy. Keep an eye out on those SJ expressways..Less than 2 weeks and the CHP has followed me twice!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought a 2002 325i last year and paid like 500 under invoice and they threw in the mats. I would never have paid over invoice. did you order your car or was it on the lot?

·
The De46vil's Army
20,206 Posts
i paid 1000 over invoice and floor mats were free, they even gave me clear floor mats to protect my floor mats!

haha my floor mats have floor mats!!!!

·
^_^
1,510 Posts
What's INVOICE price? Not the MSRP eh? Otherwise I don't see how you can pay UNDER invoice if it's the cost to the dealership.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys,

they said the training fee was for the training of the salesperson so when i ask them questions they know what to answer...

is there any question i can ask that they can not answer? so i can tell them that the fee is Bull........

i still don't get why i need to pay for their training and they are charging it on everycar they sell.....

i don't know if they do that in other dealers outside the Bay area coz all dealers here are charging it...

·
INDEED
1,144 Posts
any dealer is gonna try to get as much as they can from you, that's why they have these BS fees. If you're not in a hurry, you could just say, $600 over invoice or I walk, etc... But most people are paying like $800-1500 over invoice for BMWs last I heard.

·
Registered
67 Posts
nubmw said:
thanks guys,

they said the training fee was for the training of the salesperson so when i ask them questions they know what to answer...

That's funny stuff. If someone mentioned something like that to me, I don't care how good the price is, I'd take my business elsewhere.

·
Registered
179 Posts
that's a good deal, especially in the
bay area. It would be foolish not
to grab this deal and run as fast
as you can.

·
Registered
591 Posts
While the concept of a "training fee" is one of the most ridiculous things I've even heard of (even from a car dealer), $500 over invoice (or anything close to this) is a fantastic deal that you should grab. (Still, though, give them hell about the training fee---tell them you'll pay $500 over invoice, you'll even pay for the mats, but you're not paying for their cost of doing business. If they still don't budge, suggest splitting the difference. They'll probably throw you something. Good luck, and congrats on a great deal, even if you have to pay all the B.S. fees!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey guys,

here the email below i got from the dealer...(i like the $500 over but still could not believe the Training fee myself...are all BMW dealers like this? or just here in the Bay area?)

Every Dealer pays the same price for a new BMW, at least in the Western
region. If there is a difference in cost from one car to the next it
would
be do to options in the car not invoice cost, we all pay the same
price.
Every BMW delivered in California has a $160 Training Fee and 1% of
Invoice
Dag (Dealer Advertising Group) fee applied to the invoice. The car we
will
sell you will be dealer invoice plus $500.

We will gladly share the manufacturer's invoice with you so you know
exactly
what we pay the factory. $500 up plus Tax,Title and License and you
have a
new BMW.

·
Registered
67 Posts
nubmw said:
hey guys,

here the email below i got from the dealer...(i like the $500 over but still could not believe the Training fee myself...are all BMW dealers like this? or just here in the Bay area?)

Every Dealer pays the same price for a new BMW, at least in the Western
region. If there is a difference in cost from one car to the next it
would
be do to options in the car not invoice cost, we all pay the same
price.
Every BMW delivered in California has a $160 Training Fee and 1% of
Invoice
Dag (Dealer Advertising Group) fee applied to the invoice. The car we
will
sell you will be dealer invoice plus $500.

We will gladly share the manufacturer's invoice with you so you know
exactly
what we pay the factory. $500 up plus Tax,Title and License and you
have a
new BMW.
Don't be impressed by the offer of letting you see the invoice. There are manufacturer(to dealer) incentives that the customer will never get to see and be able to negotiate against. If they're offering $500 now, that's not bad.

·
money sucking nXXGA
242 Posts
325iman said:
I bought a 2002 325i last year and paid like 500 under invoice and they threw in the mats. I would never have paid over invoice. did you order your car or was it on the lot?
How did you pay under invoice? BMW has no holdback and I still hasn't seen the factory offer any incentive to the dealers (except for the new 745i, the first batch that is due to problems)..which dealer was this at and when? Did they have alot of cars in stock at the time? i am not doubting you but it sounds too good...

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Well...

Think of invoice as what the dealer paid for the car (not really but get to that in a sec) and MSRP is the suggested retail price or what the manufacturer thinks the actual consumer cost should be. So the real price is somewhere in between and sometimes below.

So about invoice. Yes this is the cost a dealer pays for the car and more than likely no one will ever get a deal for a car at invoice unless there is some other provision. So, the invoice price is what the dealer pays but they get a sales incentinve from the manufacturer of 3 percent. So think of the dealers actual cost is invoice minus 3 percent but the dealer fronts the 3 percent until they sell the car.

So how do you buy a car below invoice? Well there must be an additional incentive either consumer or dealer. Also there must be a need for the dealer to rid themselfs of the car. For example my old car I paid $500 under invoice. How? there was a $1000 rebate. I made a deal with the dealer to buy the car and split the rebate. No way in hell would they sell me the car for invoice minus $1000, they would loose money. Some times dealers make people think they are getting below invoice just because they are being nice but in reality, they dealer has "dealer only" incentives that they donot have to pass or tell consumers, its up to them. Years ago Mazda had a $6000 dealer incentive to sell cars that I found on a fax printout at their dealership. Did they tell me? no they were running a special of $500 off! Now you can get information online from places like Edmonds.com about dealer and consumer rebates and incentives.

Chim said:
whats the difference between invoice and msrp?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts